Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Poll: Stars & Recruiting

Add topic

What is your take on the star rankings of Scout & Rivals?

Stars don't matter, Ted said so!
Stars do matter, where are our 4* players?

You must select between 1 and 25 options

Re: Poll: Stars & Recruiting

walty12 said

where you finding that Rick?  On the scout.com website under "List of colleges" FAU isn't on there.

College Team Directory Front Page

It just means we have no message board presence over there.

If you look under the SunBelt confrence youll find our recruiting rank. Please note that as of 1PM today when I looked they had us at 10 recruits even though FAU had officially announced 24. NOBODY is manning the FAU ship on that site so they dont care about it.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I look at other offers more than stars. We have a few 2-star guys who have impressive offer lists, while I see 3-star kids elsewhere that have only 1-2 offers.
Back to the top

Stars only mean something to those 4 and 5 star guys cause once you are one of those every recruiting site wants to cover you and some coaches really believe that these recruiting site know what there talking about, your in a cant fell situation. But as a 2 and 3 star recruit maybe you didnt get to go to some big combines or camps and your kinda unknow or you went to alot of camps but wasnt that great but you stretched the truth and claimed offers that wasnt there and wha-la your a 3 star. Seen it happen last year with fiu's Medlock, had offers from arkansas, fsu, and several other big schools but signed with fiu.
Back to the top

hey as long as this year was better than last yrs class is all i care about and that has been accomplished. I assume everyone will agree with me on that.  The thing to do now is to continually have each recruiting year better than the last if that is the case we will be more than fine.
Back to the top

Better everywhere except QB, Didnt really need one this class.
Back to the top

We didn't need one but hard to pass up on a dual threat QB.

This season if we had a dual threat QB I bet he would've had more rushing yards than Morris because of the young O-Line

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I still don't understand why JVC did'nt have  A LOT of yards rushing, he is mobile but it just seemed we discourage pulling the ball down and running much - not pro-style enough.

With a weak line we should have had many designed plays to run with JVC and that would have both opened up the running lanes for Morris and the passing game for JVC!  Prefering a particular style of O as a coach is one thing but not adapting your game plans and play calling to your own strengths and weaknesses is just being plain stupid, real lucky to be 4-8 stupid!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I still don't understand why JVC did'nt have  A LOT of yards rushing, he is mobile but it just seemed we discourage pulling the ball down and running much - not pro-style enough.

With a weak line we should have had many designed plays to run with JVC and that would have both opened up the running lanes for Morris and the passing game for JVC!  Prefering a particular style of O as a coach is one thing but not adapting your game plans and play calling to your own strengths and weaknesses is just being plain stupid, real lucky to be 4-8 stupid!

He was the skinniest QB at the combine, doesn't bode well for running the ball.

I would love to see you and HS in a coaching debate, I have a feeling you would win.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: