Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Running Back Zuberi Mobley Talks Commitment to FAU Football Class of 2021

Add topic

The Owls stayed hot on the recruiting trail, landing their second running back commit in the past week, after running back Zuberi Mobley committed via social media Wednesday night.

The Miami Northwestern product connected with current FAU running back coach Chris Perkins - a former Miami Northwestern assistant coach- early in the year and took an unofficial visit to FAU back in January.

''The weight room, new meeting rooms, locker rooms, and the fields were just all amazing; I just loved the whole campus,'' Mobley exclaimed.

The three-star back played his first year of high school football in Brooklyn New York, where he made the all-state team as a freshman.

Mobley moved back to the state of Florida and ran for nearly 1000 yards and 10 touchdowns at Miami Norland high school in 2019.

"I pay attention to a lot of college football and know how great FAU has been on the field recently and how good the academics are there.''

Academics are extremely important to Mobely as he will be graduating high school in only three years and has already passed his ACT exams.

Mobley is the 117th rated running back in the class of 2021 by 247sports', but the shifty back can line up all over the offense and be a threat in the passing game as a receiver and used on jet sweeps.

This is the FAU's sixth verbal commit of the 2021 cycle for FAU Football, joining defensive end Dwight Dassaw, offensive lineman Okino King, defensive back Ja'Dai Smith, and Defensive End Julius Barfield, and running back Reginald Davis.

At this date in 2019, the Owls did not have a single public verbal commitment for the 2020 class.
Back to the top

The early success is impressive. Now we need to hold them and add to it. Good news
Back to the top

This is what I was trying to tell the doubters with baseless assumptions. Taggart knows exactly how to win and has experience. He most certainly will dominate CUSA. Hopefully the AAC soon
Back to the top

If we're in Hope Territory, let's say ACC.
Back to the top

SEC... we want Bama
Back to the top

owlmart said

SEC… we want Bama
Posted On: Jun 5th 2020, 5:50 PM #395022

I'll take FAU, Miami, that school down south; Southern Triangle. And obviously, when we take Clemson to win the conference, we'll see Bama for the title.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

This is what I was trying to tell the doubters with baseless assumptions. Taggart knows exactly how to win and has experience. He most certainly will dominate CUSA. Hopefully the AAC soon
Posted On: Jun 5th 2020, 2:57 PM #395020

What about we wait and see how the season unfolds. Taggart is average, look at the records when he coached at WKU, USF, Oregon and FSU. During the winning seasons, his teams did not win more than 7 games.
He only had one good season at USF. The rest is average.
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

jgf2017 said

What about we wait and see how the season unfolds. Taggart is average, look at the records when he coached at WKU, USF, Oregon and FSU. During the winning seasons, his teams did not win more than 7 games.
Posted On: Jun 5th 2020, 7:59 PM #395024

I disagree. He's been put in very difficult jobs and turned programs around. Cant really look at wins without comparing them in the context of where the program was.  I think FSU is a disaster program and anyone would fail there. Mike Norvell is already falling apart and he hasn't even played a game
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

NITE-OWL said

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Jun 5th 2020, 7:59 PM #395024

I disagree. He's been put in very difficult jobs and turned programs around. Cant really look at wins without comparing them in the context of where the program was.  I think FSU is a disaster program and anyone would fail there. Mike Norvell is already falling apart and he hasn't even played a game
Posted On: Jun 5th 2020, 9:05 PM #395025

I like the staff he's put together, on paper. And we bring back quite a bit on offense. So. Though I maybe wish we'd kept Jr. Everything about this season will be a we'll see (except our punter being signed by SpaceX).

Mobley was given his composite rating. In what little I've read, I have a good feeling about him.
Back to the top

Well, let's wait and see.
One thing for sure is that Taggart will have more experience and with FAU's current facilities; he will probably do better than what he did at WKU.

Mobley looks solid and seems mature for his age. Good luck Kid and welcome to FAU.
Back to the top
Control functions: