Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sentinel's 2013 Florida Top 100

Add topic

Re: Sentinel's 2013 Florida Top 100

NJOWL said

owlmart said

We will definitely offer Greg Bryant

We will definitely offer most of these guys. How many do you say we will land?

In previous years our coaching staff wouldn't take shots at big name guys that already held a dozen or so offers. Should be interesting to see what the new staff does.
Back to the top

I understand the staff just got here but you don't want to wait.  As classes for the Big 3 & other BCS schools that pull a recruit a year out of S. FL begin to fill up, you want to nab those kids that lose a spot, NOT lose them to the school that was johnny-on-the-spot and offered early on and we come late to the table.

Back to the top

I say we make a big play at the DT from Atlantic, just to piss off their coach!
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

I understand the staff just got here but you don't want to wait.  As classes for the Big 3 & other BCS schools that pull a recruit a year out of S. FL begin to fill up, you want to nab those kids that lose a spot, NOT lose them to the school that was johnny-on-the-spot and offered early on and we come late to the table.

Yup… Many of the top kids are recruited starting their junior year and you will see kids start to commit as early as this summer…
Back to the top

We get it, and I promise that Pelini and staff will start buidding a talent pipeline…

I love that were now complaining that we dont have offers out to some of the Florida Top 100, my how our problems have improved!  :) remember not too long ago we didnt even know if we had offers out to anyone!
Back to the top

Just because this list doesn't say we have offered any of these players yet, doesn't make it so.  Do you think they contacted every player on this list this week to find out who has offered them?  It's a list of high school players a year from signing day.  The list could be old…the info could be not entirely accurate.  PLus, how many times the past month did you read "player X had offers form Big Name School Y, but they have now backed off"?  I wouldn't get all worked up over it.
Back to the top

There are a lot of dudes that still have none  :)  Lets get bussy boys! Like you said, this is a great problem to have! I cannot wait to see what Coach P. can do with a full year.
Back to the top

Offer or no offer it is relationship building time. Time to cast a wide net and then wittle it down as the year goes on.
Back to the top
Control functions: