Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun Sentinel - Hutton

Add topic

Re: Sun Sentinel - Hutton

Coach said

Just a swingin'

Thanks for another highly intelligent post…  Barring injury or not being enrolled he will be our starter next year… I think everyone would agree your juvenile replies and apparent lack of football knowlege is easily outclassed by our coaching staffs assessment of this kids abilities… Sorry I'll take Coach P.oppionion of German over some internet dude named "Coach"…. By the way, he was also recruited by Illinois, Purdue, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Miami and Michigan State.  I guess Coach P., Illinois, Purdue, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Miami and Michigan State are all "just swingin"…

And I guess you can add ESPN to the "just swingin" list…

"However, Cotton isn't the only signal-caller at a Mississippi junior college who has college coaches clamoring.

Pearl River QB Melvin German, the nephew of former USA Today Player of the Year and Miami Hurricane Jammi German, is one of the most exciting players in the junior college ranks. Last year was a big year for German, who a junior college All-American and lead the nation in passing with over 2,700 yards.

"Melvin is tall (6-3, 190 pounds) and athletic," Pearl River coach Tim Hatten said. "He's got a quick release and is very mobile. He's getting a lot of Division I interest and someone will pull the trigger with him, especially with the success Cam Newton had with Auburn.""

Mississippi junior colleges are loaded with talented prospects - ESPN

Dont worry "Coach", next year I'll bump this thread to see who was right… I hope you like your crow served cold…

Back to the top

Forgive me for not going gaga over a highlight tape. I just point out what I see and don't see on it. The tape showed no sophistication in the passing game. Not saying he doesn't have it. But it is not on the tape. If you want to put all your eggs in his basket, go ahead. I'll let it play out before making bold predictions.
Also, there is a major difference between recruited and offered.
Back to the top

Ah it was the great American writer Mark Twain that once said:

"Behold the fool saith, 'Put not all thine eggs in the one basket'—which is but a manner of saying, 'Scatter your money and your attention;' but the wise man saith, 'Put all your eggs in the one basket and—WATCH THAT BASKET.'"
Back to the top

So you're not big on a diversified portfolio? ;)
Back to the top

Rick said

talkes to to do.

Come on, man!  ;D
Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

talkes to to do.

Come on, man!  ;D

"Errors in spelling and grammar are added for those who like to find them."

Glad you enjoyed the hunt!

;D
Back to the top

I am pretty sure the only thing that scared away those other big time schools was his academic record……

Btw, compare his highlight tape to ANY other highlight tape of a QB on our roster…. yeah….. exactly..

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Exactly... what? ???
Back to the top

Coach said

Well…there's no need to be in pork bellies if you have Apple stock.  ;)
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Coach said

Well…there's no need to be in pork bellies if you have Apple stock.  ;)
Maybe the country can ask Apple for a bailout.
Back to the top
Control functions: