Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Titusville QB Favian Upshaw Looking at FAU

Add topic

Photo Florida Today

This kid runs a 4.47 forty - as a QB.

Any questions as to why the Owls have offered him?? ;D

FAU is one of a handful that have him at the position, while he has some others going after him as a corner.

He's a little on the light side at 6-2, 170 lbs but we all know one should add 15 pounds just for stepping foot onto the college field. Sounds like he has his mind made up on where he wants to visit in the short term though…although he just got back from FIU  >:(

“I want to try to get to Appalachian State even though that’s a far stretch,” Upshaw said. “I want to get to FAU before the summer is over and probably UCF too.”

Back to the top

Re: Titusville QB Favian Upshaw Looking at FAU

Titusville QB Favian Upshaw Looking at FAU

Now this would be exciting
Back to the top

Nice to see that we are getting looks or having more interest (the stadium is definitely helping) ;)
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

Nice to see that we are getting looks or having more interest (the stadium is definitely helping) ;)

Rivals shows him as a 3 star prospect with offers from FAU, FIU and App State.

6-2, 170 is not exactly what I'm looking for in the next generation of FAU QBs but ehh, you never know.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

OWL4EVER said

Rivals shows him as a 3 star prospect with offers from FAU, FIU and App State.

6-2, 170 is not exactly what I'm looking for in the next generation of FAU QBs but ehh, you never know.
Yes, because the 6'7' 230 guys are working out so well… ;D

but if our Oline is going to be this bad we need a mobile QB, he could do damage in the belt
Back to the top

owlmart said

Yes, because the 6'7' 230 guys are working out so well… ;D

Well, a 6'7, 230 recruit who signs with us now that we have a fantastic stadium on-campus should work out a lot better, yes.

I dunno… watched the kid's highlight tape and wasn't too impressed. 2-3 years ago, yes, absolutely, but now, I'm looking for a bit more.

Other schools are considering him at CB, right? I can see that.
Back to the top

If our offense goes that direction then I think we could get really lucky with a kid like this….Denard Robinson is at Michigan because they would let him QB instead of cb which is what every other school wanted him for. We let someone play QB and can steal something great…of course for every Denard Robinson there's an Avery Holley
Back to the top

This guy is from my neck of the woods, So far this season, pretty solid, agree a bit small but moves like a Vick, when things breakdown he moves and it completely collapses he makes moves to get some yards. the kid isn't afraid a getting hit. have to wait till the season is over but not a bad pick at all. He's been highlighted a couple of times on Friday night on local TV.
Back to the top

Kiss this opportunity goodbye…Sounds like Upshaw favors the Panthers…….

"They were pretty much already No.1 on my list and I didn’t think I was going to make it back to any more games to get any more looks," Upshaw said.

"I had a pretty good idea that was where I wanted to go for a while. After talking to him again, it reassured that was the decision I wanted to make."

Link

Back to the top

And another qb prospect gone, this news from the AJC;

Florida QB is UGA's 15th commitment

By Michael Carvell

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A Florida quarterback who some call “the next Tim Tebow” committed to Georgia on Monday.

Faton Bauta of Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., picked the Bulldogs over offers from Louisville, Kentucky, Boston College, Maryland, West Virginia, Utah and Vanderbilt.

“Georgia is getting a football player; Faton is a QB who can run and throw the football and gets better every day,” Dwyer High School coach Jack Daniels said. “He was primarily used as a linebacker and fullback until last spring. He is very physical and will outwork everybody. He will make the Bulldogs very happy.”

Why should we expect ANY commitments when we do not have a Coach or a system in place for next year? Without the addition of a BIG NAME Coach to sway many verbals to us (like a Leach signing would), our recruiting will be no better than usual, especially with the disaster that FAU football has become!
Back to the top
Control functions: