Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Re: 2012 FAU Football Schedule

2012 FAU Football Schedule

Gonna have a HARD time proving to the NCAA THAT is the reason for transfering. Discipline issues, bowl game suspension and new Arky. St. coach is his old Auburn coach hard facts to dismiss.
If he sits a year as expected, next comes being eligible for the NFL draft and most expect he will bolt for the $$$ ASAP! I say he NEVER sees the field for Arky. St.
And then even if he does, he DID NOT impress vs. us last year at Auburn (68 yards or something like that).
Back to the top

Regarding the forced ticket packages I can see both sides, and I could agree with doing in some cases, but not all.  First off, I think we almost have to sell a 2 game package for our SBC games to get tickets sold to most of them.  Granted last year was horrible, but unless we bring in some better known teams, we will always have the same 7-10K diehard fans in stands that we have had the last 10 years.  Last season was our chance to bring in the new local fans and we obviously failed at that.  I would have no problem at all with like a $99 3 game mini-season type deal, or $50 2 game deal.  However, I don't think it should be forced upon us as most people will just say screw you and never look back.  I don't like having to buy things I don't need.

EDIT:  To get back on the original topic, is anyone else thinking about the UGA game this year? I'm going to try and make that my first away (out of state) game.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I disagree about the SBC schedule… The reason we had 7-10k at games against the SBC schools is because we were losing. WIN and consistently WIN, fans will come out to see you play the cub scouts. I would rather see us win against a SBC school then get beat to see a BCS school with a name.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Gonna have a HARD time proving to the NCAA THAT is the reason for transfering. Discipline issues, bowl game suspension and new Arky. St. coach is his old Auburn coach hard facts to dismiss.
If he sits a year as expected, next comes being eligible for the NFL draft and most expect he will bolt for the $$$ ASAP! I say he NEVER sees the field for Arky. St.
And then even if he does, he DID NOT impress vs. us last year at Auburn (68 yards or something like that).

I agree, but you never know the NCAA isn't too consistent with these things.
Back to the top

Very nice right up by Ted Hutton, here. Looking forward to the Coach First Spring Press Conference.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/fl-fau-news-0120-20120119,0,1879764.story
Back to the top

From Chuck King at OwlAccess, looks like we're going to be playing the Wagner Seahawks (FCS) on September, 7th.  The only thing strange about this is that 9/7/12 is a Friday.  In the contract, FAU agrees to play Wagner on a Friday night, so the Seahawks can travel back on a commericial jet on Saturday.  This is the first time we've played an FCS school since Southern Utah in '06.
As a student, I HATE the idea of having an opening day of the season on a Friday, especially if it's the first game for a new regime.  This will make the gameday atmosphere absolutely terriable.  Think of the parking situation, and the traffic on Glades Rd, and the amount of students drinking on a school day.  I think this is a horrible idea!
On the bright side we should open with a home W since…. Well I don't know when, somebody help me out?
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

From Chuck King at OwlAccess, looks like we're going to be playing the Wagner Seahawks (FCS) on September, 7th.  The only thing strange about this is that 9/7/12 is a Friday.  In the contract, FAU agrees to play Wagner on a Friday night, so the Seahawks can travel back on a commericial jet on Saturday.  This is the first time we've played an FCS school since Southern Utah in '06.
As a student, I HATE the idea of having an opening day of the season on a Friday, especially if it's the first game for a new regime.  This will make the gameday atmosphere absolutely terriable.  Think of the parking situation, and the traffic on Glades Rd, and the amount of students drinking on a school day.  I think this is a horrible idea!
On the bright side we should open with a home W since…. Well I don't know when, somebody help me out?

Albeit a long time ago, I found nothing wrong with this when I went to FAU  ;D

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Glad we are opening with a very winnable game.  I think it's important for this team to get a win right out of the gate.  Not that concerned that it's on a Friday.  It's the Friday before Labor Day.  Opening of the new football season will be a great way to start the long weekend!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Glad we are opening with a very winnable game.  I think it's important for this team to get a win right out of the gate.  Not that concerned that it's on a Friday.  It's the Friday before Labor Day.  Opening of the new football season will be a great way to start the long weekend!

Yeah, it's about time we're not the Body Bag in a Body Bag Game.  ;)

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

I like the idea of a Friday night opener. We mainly get  sports center to ourselves. Even if there are classes on Saturday, traffic would still be the same if the game is played on Saturday.
Back to the top
Control functions: