Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Re: 2012 FAU Football Schedule

2012 FAU Football Schedule

Don't forget this is also the opening night of high school football in Florida. FAU-Wagner won't even be on the local fans radar

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Lets wait and see, plus high school football would be in swing the week before.
Back to the top

Is this the Wagner College from Staten Island (NYC)?
Back to the top

grayowl said

Is this the Wagner College from Staten Island (NYC)?

Yes it is.  It is also the 7th smallest school in DI.  They have the same student size as Lynn (around 2,00).  They've won one national football championship in DIII in '87.
Wagner College - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Back to the top

I think its a private college
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

Don't forget this is also the opening night of high school football in Florida. FAU-Wagner won't even be on the local fans radar

With all due respect to high school teams… we have problems if we're worried about losing fans to a high school football game.

I hope everyone comes out in force again for the first game like they did on October 15th, 2011. I know the diehards will be there along with the freshmen, but what about the students who were around last season?
Back to the top

Let's win and the fans will come. I think fans will show up to see how the new coach does.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Let's win and the fans will come. I think fans will show up to see how the new coach does.

^^^ Yup…

Which is why I'm not a fan of "paying the bills" by playing big name schools. Sure we make $$$ by getting the crap kicked out of us 3 times a year but I think its a self defeating policy to have a 99% chance of losing the first 3 games as we did in 2011… I think if you reverse that view and play all the non-conference games to win (Like we are doing with the 2012 season opener) and start the season 3-0 vs. 0-3 it can make a huge difference in getting a bowl bid and putting butts in seats…

Think about it… Lets say we split our conference games and go 5-4 or even 4-5 in conference… But we had 3 wins to start the season… We finish the year 8-4 or 7-5 (Both elegible for a bowl) vs. making some extra $$$ and finishing the year 5-7 or 4-8…

Wins are the way to build a program, not making $$$ by letting Florida, Michigan State and Auburn kick the crap out of you…

Or if we have to make $$$ why not play some lower level big programs… For example schools like Colorado, Old Miss, Minnesota, Washington State. We could make $$$ and have a chance to win.
Back to the top

mckeon said

I'm not a fan of "paying the bills" by playing big name schools. Sure we make $$$ by getting the crap kicked out of us 3 times a year but I think its a self defeating policy to have a 99% chance of losing the first 3 games as we did in 2011… I think if you reverse that view and play all the non-conference games to win (Like we are doing with the 2012 season opener) and start the season 3-0 vs. 0-3 it can make a huge difference in getting a bowl bid and putting butts in seats…

The problem with relying on our own fanbase is, if we had a season like we did in 2011, we wouldn't have met our budget with gate receipts, you know?

Playing bodybag games sucks, no one will disagree there, but at the end of the opening stretch we've made our nut and everything else is just a bonus.
Back to the top

While I agree with basically everything you said, if not for a senior moment or two by Howard and the team essentially giving up then we beat Michigan State and we beat Auburn while getting if not a mill then close to it

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: