Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Florida Atlantic at UL-Lafayette Game Thread (10/20/07)

Add topic

Re: Florida Atlantic at UL-Lafayette Game Thread (10/20/07)

Florida Atlantic at UL-Lafayette Game Thread (10/20/07)

I don't know how the Owls pulled it out but that was one heck of a game tying TD drive to force OT. We will have to play better if we do not want to blown out by Troy. I am not confident about UL Monroe, Arkansas State or FIU when FAU plays like this.
Back to the top

The offense just seemed off today and the defense keeps taking hits on Defense  ???

We still have to face a pretty darn good runner in Dawson next week.
Back to the top

Wow!!!  I just aged 2 years on that game.  I know we were all hoping for a blow out but the was a very exciting game.  Rusty really showed his leadership by staging the last drive and the OT touchdown.

The defense, if I am correct without any starters from the first game of the year, really stepped up in OT.

I hope we can get some of the defense healthy before the game against Troy.

GO OWLS!!!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

It is nice play these national teams for notoriety but they have whacked most of our d starters through injuries and made us weaker for conference play.
Back to the top

i pressed pause on my tivo at halftime and refused to cheat

THANK GOD I DID THAT…

this game was unbelievably exciting

something exciting happening here, or what???

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

rook01 said

I don't know how the Owls pulled it out but that was one heck of a game tying TD drive to force OT. We will have to play better if we do not want to blown out by Troy. I am not confident about UL Monroe, Arkansas State or FIU when FAU plays like this.

Yes, they played poorly at times, and it wasn't pretty by any means, but that was a heck of a comeback.  Hey a road win is a road win. 
Back to the top

you gotta take this game with a grain of salt…

YES, we looked rusty and out of sync… simply put - we can NOT stop a mobile quarterback… we do have the athleticism to do it, we just don't know HOW to do it… cerg and council and joseph are certainly FAST enough to hang with grothe and dez, but our defense is just not conditioned or taught how to do it… anyone who thinks we can "hang" with florida just watch this tape from tonight's game… tebow just might break 1,000 yards rushing on our defense

HOWEVER… as bad as we played, we got a "W"… that's huge and a big conference builder

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

YES, we looked rusty and out of sync… simply put - we can NOT stop a mobile quarterback… we do have the athleticism to do it, we just don't know HOW to do it… cerg and council and joseph are certainly FAST enough to hang with grothe and dez, but our defense is just not conditioned or taught how to do it… anyone who thinks we can "hang" with florida just watch this tape from tonight's game… tebow just might break 1,000 yards rushing on our defense

HOWEVER… as bad as we played, we got a "W"… that's huge and a big conference builder

CONFIDENCE* builder, lol, sorry

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

I think our struggles stopping these mobile guys is just inexperience.  I don't know if it would be such a big problem if we still has Savidge and Pinnick in there.  But our D-line has lost some depth and has been forced to play some young guys a little ahead of schedule.  I saw that St. Clair was hurt tonight…did he ever get back in the game?  i was too stressed out to notice.
Back to the top

According to Ted Hutton, Edgecomb may have broken his ankle.  Injuries are piling up. I hope we have some starters left to play against Troy.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: