Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Day: FAU vs Michigan State

Add topic

Re: Game Day: FAU vs Michigan State

I felt we didn't make enough adjustments today, but easy for me to do so in the comfort of my living room.

Sometimes in the heat of battle, you don't always make the best decision (adjustments).

These where tough times on everyone, including the coaches - you do your best and sometimes no matter what you do, you come up short.

It's an OOC game and there are plenty of lessons to take away from this game to build on to help us when the game actually matter.

A win would have been great, but how we play during conference games is FAR MORE IMPORTANT.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

One comment:

We dont have a superior back to be able to play ball in the rain, so there was no option but to pass; however, it didnt need to consistently be long routes.

Didn't understand that strategy…….

I agree with you here FL..it seemed like last year we threw a lot of passes to Rose and Edge in the flats, some screens, little dump offs and we get none of that now. Does Rusty even check off of his #1 receiver? He was forcing downfield throws in some bad situations today again as well.
Back to the top

We tried to make short passes, it didnt matter the length of the route, they were all bad passes and/or dropped.  All day long.

UCF has 2 wins against BCS teams, we have 1…are we really complaining (perhaps 2 next week)?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Fl_Owl I believe we have a couple of backs in the stables in Stinson, Rolle and Morris. It might be time to throw them in from time to time? Edge,Pierre,Rose combo continues to improve each game I think it might mix it up a little more and who knows what might come out of it. Until you play its all speculation
Back to the top

Lago said

fausandiego said

We are not as good as last year.  i think the hype and press from the end of last year has hurt us.  hopefully, these first few games have humbled us.

Wait until we get into Belt play, that will be a true indicator. Texas and MSU were never realistic wins for us. The hype has just made us think we were that good. Let's face facts, we are a 7 year old Belt team. The D looked much improved this week. The O not so much. But I think the O's problem was the weather and they should return to normal next week.

Agreed.  A win yesterday would have been nice, and it was within our reach, but I would hardly call a game in East Lansing against a pretty good MSU team a game I expected us to win.  Winning at Texas was nothing more then a pipedream.  How many teams home games has Texas lost in the past decade?  I haven't looked, but i'm guessing it is 10 or less.  We are right where we could realistically expect we could be right now.  The way people are talking around here we may as well pack it up and get ready for next season.  We haven't played a single conference game yet!  That is where our season will be determined.  To say after 3 games, 2 against quality BCS opponents, that we aren't as good as last year is ridiculous. 
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

…it seemed like last year we threw a lot of passes to Rose and Edge in the flats, some screens, little dump offs and we get none of that now. Does Rusty even check off of his #1 receiver? He was forcing downfield throws in some bad situations today again as well.

Exactly…

As SeminOwl said, we did do SOME of this, but i stil believe 65% of our pass plays were for 15 yards +

I know HS doesnt like the spread, but i do believ yesterday that was the way to beat them…

Especially throwing a 25Lb (exagerrated) ball around!

Talon said

Fl_Owl I believe we have a couple of backs in the stables in Stinson, Rolle and Morris. It might be time to throw them in from time to time? Edge,Pierre,Rose combo continues to improve each game I think it might mix it up a little more and who knows what might come out of it. Until you play its all speculation

I totally agree!

Pierre is a solid "working man's" back…and i love his effort/heart!

But we need to see the other guys to confirm we are in fact putting our best foot forward…i question that with Stinson and Rolle out?
Back to the top
Control functions: