Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Day Thread: FAU at South Carolina

Add topic

Re: Game Day Thread: FAU at South Carolina

Game Day Thread: FAU at South Carolina

Definately a better performance.  Two reasons I think we'll do well the rest of the way:  The offensive line and Alfred Morris.  The O-line will give Rusty time to find open targets and Morris looks like he is going to be the best RB we have had in the decade we have been playing football.

Anyone know the status of the two d-linemen that have been out the first two games?  We sure could have used them tonight.  Hopefully they'll be back next week for the SBC opener.

Oh and good job by the special teams tonight.  Looks like found a punter!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Anyone know the status of the two d-linemen that have been out the first two games?  We sure could have used them tonight.  Hopefully they'll be back next week for the SBC opener.

AC should be…Johnson is still unlikely…
Back to the top

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Stats courtesy cbssportsline.com
Back to the top

Anyone else….I will use the word 'irked'….that Spurrier, aka D-bag, left Garcia in with a little over 1 minute left and went for it on 4th down in his own territory.  That was a *&#$(*$ move if I ever saw one…leave your first string QB in when you are up by 22 with 1 minute left AND go for it on 4th down IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY??

Absolute BS….I hope Howard told him after the game that he was a D***, because thats exactly what he is.

There is such a thing as class, and the ole ball coach will never have it.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

If it makes anyone feel better, USC scored 37 points on UGA last week.  UGA had 307 total yards vs FAU's 308 today. USC had 119 more total yards than UGA but lost. UGA had a couple of big plays that resulted in TDs and a kick off return for a TD.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/scoreboards/2009/09/12/39640_viewcast.html

FAU had turnovers at the worst possible times and I still can't believe we had 4th and a foot at the USC 4 yard line and had got nothing.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Anyone else….I will use the word 'irked'….that Spurrier, aka D-bag, left Garcia in with a little over 1 minute left and went for it on 4th down in his own territory.  That was a *&#$(*$ move if I ever saw one…leave your first string QB in when you are up by 22 with 1 minute left AND go for it on 4th down IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY??

Absolute BS….I hope Howard told him after the game that he was a D***, because thats exactly what he is.

There is such a thing as class, and the ole ball coach will never have it.
Garcia was the only one left in the last 6 min or so..  He had walk on's playing that last drive.  His son, which is a walk on reciever made a catch and he played two backs on the last drive that have played very little up until now if any.  If I'm not mistaking this is only Garcia 5th or 6th start.  He is still very young as far as experience and needs all the reps he can get.  I don't think he had any notion of scoring again.  Based off of our radio announcers, he didn't want FAU to get the ball back. 
Back to the top

I think everything that can be said has been said. Morris, McIntosh, Groody, Jean all had great games. We couldn't stop the run, which was to be expected, but then our DBs and safeties did absolutely nothing to contest the ball while it was in the air so SC could eat their way down the field 5 yards at a time.

Oh and that ESPN broadcast had to be one of the worst televised events ever. They didn't show the first down lines. During a kickoff, the camera slowly panned over so I missed the catch.  One of our players went down and I was trying to see who it was but they panned way out to a wide shot and never went back. The game would go to commercial and then the commercial gets abruptly cut off and bam, we're in the middle of a play.

I'm really irritated and glad the money games are over for this season. Now to the SBC. Both ULM and FAU will be looking to prove something after this weekend's losses. Hopefully it won't be a close game.
Back to the top

For those who missed the game, it's on Sports South right now.  First quarter just ended.
Back to the top
Control functions: