Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Day Thread: FAU vs UAB - Nov. 7th 2:00PM EST

Add topic

Re: Game Week Thread: FAU vs UAB - Nov. 7th 2:00PM EST

Game Day Thread: FAU vs UAB - Nov. 7th 2:00PM EST

proudowl said

Just woke up what's the score?

Seriously??

it's 5:13 :D

56-29 Owls lose.
Back to the top

Bytor said

Final Stats - FAU vs UAB

Check the last two cats…they have dates in the cells…
Back to the top

Rick said

Bytor said

Final Stats - FAU vs UAB

Check the last two cats…they have dates in the cells…

Just made the correction
Back to the top

I dont even know if its possible to beat Western Kentucky right now!!!
Back to the top

Troy gave up 14 points to this team.
Back to the top

Well, guys, I kept up with this dreadful game via ESPN on my BlackBerry while watching Air Force throttle Army, 35-7. I have to say the beautiful day at Falcon Stadium was a lot more pleasant.

Re the defense (?): Seems to me from afar that there are three basic pathways open right now:

1. Do nothing. We are satisfied with giving up this many yards, 40-50 points per game, giving no evidence of effective game-planning and showing no useful halftime adjustments.

2. Pat the defensive coordinator on the back and congratulate him because his unit held a mediocre UAB team to fewer than 60 points. Perhaps give him a nice raise.

3. Follow Colorado State's example. After losing six straight games primarily because of poor offensive showings, the Rams relieved their offensive coordinator of his duties last week. He was assigned some role in recruiting, but no one seemed to be able to find him around the practice area a few hours after the change. A new OC was appointed to try to get the Rams offense moving. (I never have been much for mid-season changes. But I never have seen this kind of defensive talent yield such numbers, either.) The Rams. by the way, play a late game Saturday night, so I do not know how the new OC did in his first effort.

So which will it be?
Back to the top

grayowl said

Well, guys, I kept up with this dreadful game via ESPN on my BlackBerry while watching Air Force throttle Army, 35-7. I have to say the beautiful day at Falcon Stadium was a lot more pleasant.

Re the defense (?): Seems to me from afar that there are three basic pathways open right now:

1. Do nothing. We are satisfied with giving up this many yards, 40-50 points per game, giving no evidence of effective game-planning and showing no useful halftime adjustments.

2. Pat the defensive coordinator on the back and congratulate him because his unit held a mediocre UAB team to fewer than 60 points. Perhaps give him a nice raise.

3. Follow Colorado State's example. After losing six straight games primarily because of poor offensive showings, the Rams relieved their offensive coordinator of his duties last week. He was assigned some role in recruiting, but no one seemed to be able to find him around the practice area a few hours after the change. A new OC was appointed to try to get the Rams offense moving. (I never have been much for mid-season changes. But I never have seen this kind of defensive talent yield such numbers, either.) The Rams. by the way, play a late game Saturday night, so I do not know how the new OC did in his first effort.

So which will it be?

Grayowl:

You are one lucky man to be touring the football circuit the way you do  ;D

On your points…….

Howard has the complete say on this…and it will be interesting to see how he responds…this type of "chatter" is mounting.
Back to the top

Bytor said

Final Stats - FAU vs UAB

Wow, the stats for FAU could have won quite a few games. Van Camp did good for his first complete game in college.

Seriously, FAU could have saved a lot of money if they had left the defense in Florida since UAB scored on every possession

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Why is Alfred Morris getting 12 carries in this game?!?!? I know we were down early and you need to pass to catch up but by the 4th quarter it was out of hand. FAU will NOT win another game if Morris doesn't get the carries. With a rookie QB behind center they are going to come right after him, and force him to make mistakes. Morris should be getting the ball AT LEAST 25x a game. He averaged 5 yards per carry against UAB. 20 carries and there ya go he's got 100 yards rushing which is where he should be at every game win or lose.  Without Rusty, Morriss is the backbone of this team, time to start treating him like it and giving him more than 12 carries

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Was at the game.  They were keying in on Morris.
Back to the top
Control functions: