Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Thread: FAU vs Kentucky

Add topic

Re: Game Thread: FAU vs Kentucky

Game Thread: FAU vs Kentucky

Bytor said

They are a very physical & fast team on defense, it will be very hard for us to run on them.  It will probably be the best defense we will be facing all year.

I agree.  They were very impressive.  I'm usually not one that buys into all the talk of intangible stuff like playing with energy and emotion and all that stuff, but the one thing that really stood out was how they seemed to be playing off of that huge crowd.  They came out and played with a ton of emotion.  They were extremely fired up.  YOu could really sense it from the start of that game that WVU knew they were in trouble.  They could be due for an emotional let down coming to Lockhart…at least that is what i'm hoping for!

But in all honesty,  that is the type of emotion FAU will need to play with if we are going to upset them on Saturday.  It is up to Owls fans to create that type of environment in Ft. Lauderdale this week.  Hopefully we get a HUGE student turnout.  It is our biggest home game ever, not in terms of importantace, obviously our conference games are bigger this year, but win or lose(hopefully win), this game could be a real fan base builder.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Couldn't agree more.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

fauprowler said

CRAPPPPP!  Sean threw an INT after his last fumble and they got a TD off this one.  OBVIOUSLY Schnellenberger picked the RIGHT QB of the two to keep in the games.  Good Lord Clayton?!?!?!>!?!?  45-17 lead with 4 minutes left - no amount of sneezing is helping Clayton here

I'm just now looking at the game thread. Clayton threw this pass and hit the receiver in the numbers. It bounced out of his arms and the defender caught it and ran it in. Clayton threw a good pass.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

The pass was good. The receiver just went on his back and practically tossed the ball up into the defender's arms. It wasn't Clayton's fault.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I went to the UK Football website, & looked at the video highlights. One thing I noticed was, on the TD passes by Woodson, there was no Safety help on any of them. It's hard to see what kind of coverage was called, but no Safety help at all.

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=39&url_article_id=20682&change_well_id=2
Back to the top
Control functions: