Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Thread: FAU vs Louisiana-Monroe

Add topic

Re: Game Thread: FAU vs Louisiana-Monroe

How can the refs miss that Pass interference in the 3rd OT terrible calls blew the game in my opinion
Back to the top

You cannot lose to Louisiana-Monroe at home, on homecoming nonetheless, and expect to be taken seriously in college football. What a joke.
Back to the top

I'm disgusted….The officiating in this game was absolutely atrocious!!!!    >:(  >:(  >:(
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

TD ULM

really sucks, big time.

Game over

Missed tackle

From the call of the game, the description of the play sounded like, the same play we had against the USF QB when he got away for a big run. Just like the play, when the MTSU QB, got lost behind the line, or like when the ULL QB, last week, got lost behind the line & scored & when the USF RB got lost in traffic.

Hmmmmmmmm? I wonder if there is a pattern there??? I just don't know???
Back to the top

owlcoholic said

I'm disgusted….The officiating in this game was absolutely atrocious!!!!    >:(  >:(  >:(

It sounded like the play-calling was bad for both teams.  It's not like they were trying to hand ULM the game.  FAU got away with a quite a bit too.  How do you willfully step out of bounds and the ref say he never got out of bounds?  That helped FAU force overtime instead of giving ULM more time to move the ball deep in FAU territory in regulation.

Calvin Dawson proved to be the game breaker.  The guy leads the Sun Belt in rushing and had over 100 yards on the ground against the Owls.

This game actually wasn't a surprise offensively on ULM's part.  I was surprised at how well FAU seemed to run the ball on those cut patterns with Charles Pierre.  ULM usually does good at shutting stuff like that down.
Back to the top

Illegal batting of the ball on ULM but ULM gets a second try on a blocked FG in the first OT?? That call was simply stupid and took over 7 minutes to make. Fortunately the ULMFG kicker had lost so much confidence that he kicked the retry in his own OL.

What lost the FAU game was not going for it on a fourth and a foot at the 3 in the first OT. The bad snap got them zero points and led to the bizarre batted ball incident that wound up forcing a second OT.
Back to the top

d-owl said

You cannot lose to Louisiana-Monroe at home, on homecoming nonetheless, and expect to be taken seriously in college football. What a joke.

This is the original "D-Owl", (Ed) I did not write the above, as I go by Tampas1Owl here, just so as to be sure everybody knows the difference. But I must say that it was a tough loss. And NO I don't feel that we are a joke, as we are being taken seriously. That is why everybody is playing us so hard. But yes we do have to cut down on our own mistakes, and take the game out of the officials hands. Yes, we could of, and should have played better and smarter than we did. But it's not over yet !

Tampas Owl (Ed) D-Owl !!!

Not sure who this d-owl is ?
Back to the top

Well, I am brand new to the board, and obviously not the (original)^ D-Owl. But with that said, the loss is unacceptable any way you put it (regardless of officiating).
Back to the top

The bad officiating really bothers me. There is nothing you can do about it now. The game is in the books and it is history now. The only thing that could possibly happen is the refs could lose their jobs. That won't undo the bad calls in this game though.

For those who were at the game, the radio commentators had no idea what was going on during that "illegal batting" call. What was that all about? There was almost 10 minutes of what in the hell is going on down there.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

The bad officiating really bothers me. There is nothing you can do about it now. The game is in the books and it is history now. The only thing that could possibly happen is the refs could lose their jobs. That won't undo the bad calls in this game though.

For those who were at the game, the radio commentators had no idea what was going on during that "illegal batting" call. What was that all about? There was almost 10 minutes of what in the hell is going on down there.

We had no idea what was going on at the game either. Basically ULM kicked a FG and we blocked it on 3rd down and then it looked like ULM recovered it on the 1 yard line. For a few minutes I thought maybe they were giving the ball back to ULM on the 1 yard line. I don't even know what illegal batting means! It was just terrible.

There were a few questionable play calls on our end as well… 4th and inches when all Rusty has to do is fall forward and we attempt a FG? We stayed away from using him the entire first half and for good reason, seriously WTF?!?

The rain is coming down in buckets, I'm sure it was not easy for Rusty to see in front of him and so he makes a terrible pass and it's picked off… Why not keep it on the ground especially if you can barely see in front of you.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: