Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Thread - FAU vs Ark. St.

Add topic

Re: Game Thread - FAU vs Ark. St.

mh2os said

What happened at the end??  I had to go see patients.  I see FAU won, but did I miss any awesome plays?

Nothing particularly awesome. Just did what had to be done.

If FAU could play all four quarters like it does in the last ten minutes of games against mediocre SBC teams, it would be blowing out these teams instead of surviving them.
Back to the top

Another great comeback! They might as well be nicknamed "The Cardiac Kids". The team looked like they took back control of the game when Willie Rose scored. Rose always seems to bring it every play.

Go Owls!

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

I sit behind the Owls bench about 14 rows up.  After ASU went up by 11 and things looked bleak, the FAU defense gathered where they always do on the bench and Coach Hoza was about to talk to them when you could see Kris Bartels walk into the middle of the gathering and began shouting and pumping his fist and pointing fingers.  It looked like he was ordering, if not begging, the defense to step it up.  It worked. 
Back to the top

Bartels is a Senior isn't he? He had a monster game last years Shula Bowl. I remember one hit he made during that game- open field he practically knocked some kid clean out of his cleats, and up-ended the guy! Great stuff!

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

whats up with Wischnefski (spelling is off!)

he hasnt played except for one game all year…

anyone know???
Back to the top

Back to the top

LINKS:Some post game toughts

Wischnefski, not sure, about his minutes??

The defense made the stops when they HAD to
The offense made the plays when they HAD to

::)

Both sides need to play a complete game and will have to do so against TROY.
Back to the top
Control functions: