Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

If they are working a three crew day, they are not on schedule. I'm not saying they are working a three crew day. But if they are working at 10 pm, they are trying to do some catch up. Late night shifts are way more costly and way less productive. Only something you do out of desperation . Must be a "finish on time " bonus.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

If they are working a three crew day, they are not on schedule. I'm not saying they are working a three crew day. But if they are working at 10 pm, they are trying to do some catch up. Late night shifts are way more costly and way less productive. only something you do out of desperation . Must be a "finish on time " bonus.

Posted On: Apr 28th 2016, 4:14 PM #355929

It's not a finish on time bonus, its the avoidance of liquidated damages accrued daily for every day late.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

Local Owl said

If they are working a three crew day, they are not on schedule. I'm not saying they are working a three crew day. But if they are working at 10 pm, they are trying to do some catch up. Late night shifts are way more costly and way less productive. only something you do out of desperation . Must be a "finish on time " bonus.

It's not a finish on time bonus, its the avoidance of liquidated damages accrued daily for every day late.

Posted On: Apr 28th 2016, 5:09 PM #355931

also a lot 3rd shift work at construction sites are prep work for the day crews.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Apr 28th 2016, 5:09 PM #355931

Funny you should mentioned this. One of the trades on the stadium job I mentioned was offered a "finish on time bonus" which they rejected because of the liquidated damages (if they failed).

Another scenario is the job was quoted/scheduled working 3 shifts. If so, it's going to be difficult to catch up. Finding 3 shifts of quality labor is another issue.
Back to the top

A job of that scale,it may be difficult to find one shift of quality labor in South Florida. Unless they use union contractors , which I think not, they will have one  skilled  guy for every five workers. Didn't we use a Texas contractor for our stadium?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

A job of that scale,it may be difficult to find one shift of quality labor in South Florida. Unless they use union contractors , which I think not, they will have one  skilled  guy for every five workers. Didn't we use a Texas contractor for our stadium?

Posted On: Apr 29th 2016, 5:39 AM #355939

South Florida doesn't have a shortage of quality construction labor.  Those 60 story high rises don't grow like trees.  Theirs a pretty good labor force putting those things up.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Apr 29th 2016, 5:39 AM #355939

South Florida doesn't have a shortage of quality construction labor.  Those 60 story high rises don't grow like trees.  Theirs a pretty good labor force putting those things up.

Posted On: Apr 29th 2016, 8:41 AM #355941

Every major city has a "quality" labor shortage. The good ones are employed and working the first shift. When you have to pull from the bench is when you start having problems.
Back to the top

Start time for the 2016 version of FAU Football vs Miami has been set:

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2016 FAU Football Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Another stat time (CST) set for FAU Football's 2016 slate:

Back to the top

Dolphins moving their preseason opener to Orlando but it has nothing to do with the construction project!!
Back to the top
Control functions: