Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Local TV broadcasts a High School Game of the Week every Friday.  You would think a local station would be interested? Starting out with a few TV wins on a Saturday evening would be a marketing coup.
Back to the top

So does this mean only half of our games are going to be televised? We only have one home game on tv as of now there's no reason why ASN shouldn't pick up the broadcasts on a local network right? 
Back to the top

Well we only have 4 games out of south Florida this year and three are televised. 
Only leaving the Rice game most of couldn't see right now. I'm sure it will be picked up.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

So does this mean only half of our games are going to be televised? We only have one home game on tv as of now there's no reason why ASN shouldn't pick up the broadcasts on a local network right? 
Posted On: Jun 8th 2016, 7:47 PM #356686

No, but chances of all of them being on TV again this season are not as good as they have been in the past couple seasons, IMHO

The channels that have already announced weren't in so early previously - one wasn't at all. And there isn't any options beyond them, aside form local channels.

Barring a second pass from ASN or ESPN3 picking us up because we are "hot", we may be looking at 8-9 total games.

2012 and 2013 we had nine televised - in the Sun Belt.

C-USA took a major hit this season.

Hope that changes though!
Back to the top

Rick said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Jun 8th 2016, 7:47 PM #356686

No, but chances of all of them being on TV again this season are not as good as they have been in the past couple seasons, IMHO

The channels that have already announced weren't in so early previously - one wasn't at all. And there isn't any options beyond them, aside form local channels.

Barring a second pass from ASN or ESPN3 picking us up because we are "hot", we may be looking at 8-9 total games.

2012 and 2013 we had nine televised - in the Sun Belt.

C-USA took a major hit this season.

Hope that changes though!
Posted On: Jun 8th 2016, 9:48 PM #356689
Every Game will be end being viewable.
C-USA has asked schools to upgrade their ability to produce games. There will be an online a much better qauilty of online streaming.
Back to the top

The streaming by the school is a major upgrade. Now I don't feel bad about cutting my cable subscription. So with 8-9 games being televised, we're essentially back to where we were with the 'Belt. Smh.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

So with 8-9 games being televised, we're essentially back to where we were with the 'Belt. Smh.
Posted On: Jun 9th 2016, 8:32 AM #356693

Pretty much, and that is not a given either.

Back to the top

Dear Football gods,
Let us have a 10-2 season. We desperately need it. We're willing to sacrifice 1 DB (we have a lot of them).
Sincerely,
Desperate Owl fan.
Back to the top

Hey y'all,

So I was listening to a podcast and they were discussing the atrocity that is the CUSA TV deal, and out of the ashes came this gem:

One of the cohost is a big soccer guy and turned the listening audience onto a service called fubo.com.

It offers beIN sports as well as a ton of other options for soccer fans to have one-stop shop and is $9.99 a month.

So if you're like me and don't have beIN and don't want to add something you'll never use onto your cable package this is an option to cord-cut and have like 15 CUSA football games to watch for about the cost of Netflix and then cancel your service at the end of the season.

Also if you are a soccer fan you get tons of matches and friendlies.

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top

Comcast has a monthly deal for $4.99 for the sports entertainment package. The beIN channel is 498 in Boca market on there but not HD right now - they are looking to add it in HD. ATT Uverse it is 1662 HD.

And you get a bunch of other sports channels…but not a soccer-centered deal if that's what you are looking for.

Back to the top
Control functions: