Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 Boca Bowl Game Thread - SMU @ FAU - Dec 21st @ 3:30 PM

Add topic

1OwlFLATL said

dusky256fc said

Art Vandelay said

That other site is talking about an awful lot of our guys not playing in this game (academics, injuries and draft). Anybody hear about this? And the details?
Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 4:34 PM #392496

My understanding is it’s been Confirmed.

Bonner. Keke. Davidson. Bryant. Pico. Deangelo Antoine. Tisdale.

Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 5:05 PM #392502

Thats an embaressment to the uniiversity. How does that happen? How were they eligible this season if it was that bad? 
Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 5:07 PM #392503

Finals happened between now and championship game. Sucks heard this coming down the pipe earlier on the day. 
Back to the top

I wonder if Vegas knows,this yet. Time to call my bookie
Back to the top

:Laughing:

Local Owl said

Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 5:27 PM #392508
Blood money :Laughing:

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 5:27 PM #392508

Line went from 2 to 6 immediately after the news came out.
Back to the top

Lines up to 8 now, not a good look. 
Back to the top

Okay, so to be transparent with y'all:

This morning we started to hear rumblings of grades being an issue for multiple players. As a team, we decided not to post anything about it until we got confirmation.

Our biggest concerns were 1) Putting a player down publicly for not making grades, and running the risk of the news not being true. And 2) Giving our opponents a leg up on prep, similar to our decision with Azeez Al-Shaair's injury leading up to the Marshall game last year.

It sucks. These aren't those fun stories to share with y'all. We don't like to break or post stories that put our student athletes down. Like all of you, we're fans first. So we were really hoping to get confirmation that these rumors weren't true.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Well this at least gives some other guys a chance to play and step up.  We knew that Bryant wasn't going to play.  I feel like we have enough depth at RB.  My biggest concern is at WR.   
Back to the top

Was Kiffin a stickler on academics and being a good student or didn't he care? Especially at this point where a good season would get him a job offer with a P5.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Art Vandelay said

That other site is talking about an awful lot of our guys not playing in this game (academics, injuries and draft). Anybody hear about this? And the details?

Bonner’s been banged up, Davidson’s potential absence is not tied to academics from what I’ve heard. And Bryant’s been sick. Not sure about Tisdale yet. The others are academics. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

dusky256fc said

Art Vandelay said

Bonner’s been banged up, Davidson’s potential absence is not tied to academics from what I’ve heard. And Bryant’s been sick. Not sure about Tisdale yet. The others are academics. 
Posted On: Dec 20th 2019, 6:21 PM #392517

So of the 7 only 3  academic. Somewhat embarassing but not a media scandal.
Back to the top
Control functions: