2019 Fearless Predictions: Shula Bowl XVIII - FIU @ FAU
FAU wins 38-17
1. FAU wins 38-14 and it could get uglier than that. FIU has no run defense and FAU, even with all of the injuries, is finding ways to run with power.†
2. This game is mostly similar to the first two years where FIU hangs around and FAU just pulls away in the second half.†
3. Chris Robison plays one of his best games this season and throws touchdowns to Raine, Pico Harrison and Willie Wright. Chauncey Mason and James Charles add scores on the ground.†
4. If BJ Emmons plays, itíll be late, like a fourth quarter snap on a QB kneeldown or maybe one late rush like what they did with Tisdale against UCF.†
5. The FAU defense mauls Morgan and DaíVon Brown forces a fumble on a brutal QB hit. Meiko Dotson bails FAU out at some point with a red zone pick.†
And a bonus one for rivalry week…
Attendance is fine - not great, but improved over recent home games. Maybe 17K for official attendance. FIU will lend a good hand to that number, though.†
Remind them why we're daddy.
DeltAlumnus saidFAU is the better team. only way FIU stays in the game and wins is if James Morgan plays a perfect game. I don't think that will happen. FAU will cause enough pressure and make Morgan make some mistakes. I do wonder how much Tronti plays this game just to exploit FIU's run defense. FAU rolls the Kitties
FAU wins 38-17Posted On: Nov 6th 2019, 5:15 PM
And the good news for us is the FIU O line is pretty banged up, 3 starters hurt. They may play but they may also be starting a true freshman Sat. as well. Go get 'em Owls!!!
In rivalry games the ball sometimes bounces funny, but FAU has seemed to really get up for this game the last several seasons.†Short of a bunch of turnovers or big plays on special teams, we should win. †Iíll still stick somewhere a little above the spread and say FAU by 2 TDS, but if FIU continues to struggle with the run it could be worse.
FAU 35 - 21