Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020-21 FAU Offseason Wishlist

I would think it’s a perfect fit here for Milton. I couldn’t imagine not reaching out to him and offering the job to him. 

If we had an accurate passer who wasn’t just a 1 read and run QB and who could get out of the pocket and throw well we could have an amazing team. 

I’ve been critical of the transfers, but a guy like Chase would put up great numbers with a QB who can throw on the run. 

If we had Milton and he was as good as he used to be, I’d bet on us making the top 25.
Back to the top

Regarding Milton, I would think as bad as things have been going for Frost at Nebraska he might be trying to take a swing at landing his old QB.  It will be interesting to see if any "big schools" take a chance - the guy was awesome, and very well might be again.  But he hasn't played in 2 years, and he will be learning a new system anywhere other than staying at UCF or going to play for Frost.

No matter where he goes, I wish him the best.  That was a horrible injury to a guy who was really exciting to watch play.
Back to the top

Yeah, if I were a betting man, I would put my money on reuniting with Frost at Nebraska.
Back to the top

I’m hearing Miami is making a run at him too, the transfer qb situation was good to them this year. 
Back to the top

I read something interesting “somewhere else” when reading about Milton going to Miami. One said maybe FAU because they need a QB.

Then another person said that the players don’t like Taggart. The guy said that players aren’t happy that Taggart is getting his son snaps at receiver.

I’d been wondering how the other backup receivers thought about this. If the team keeps winning fine whatever.

But doesn’t it seem odd that Taggart is giving his son, a true freshmen without any skills whatsoever, snaps at receiver over guys that have been here a while? His son’s only pass at QB he under threw a wide open receiver on an out route to the sideline by 5 yards.

I have no idea if that guy knows what he’s talking about, but it seems like Taggart is getting his son snaps for no reason other than being his son. 

I have no idea if the players don’t respect Taggart. But it’s very strange he’s drawing plays up for his son at receiver who is terrible. He can’t throw either.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I read something interesting “somewhere else” when reading about Milton going to Miami. One said maybe FAU because they need a QB.

Then another person said that the players don’t like Taggart. The guy said that players aren’t happy that Taggart is getting his son snaps at receiver.

I’d been wondering how the other backup receivers thought about this. If the team keeps winning fine whatever.

But doesn’t it seem odd that Taggart is giving his son, a true freshmen without any skills whatsoever, snaps at receiver over guys that have been here a while? His son’s only pass at QB he under threw a wide open receiver on an out route to the sideline by 5 yards.

I have no idea if that guy knows what he’s talking about, but it seems like Taggart is getting his son snaps for no reason other than being his son. 

I have no idea if the players don’t respect Taggart. But it’s very strange he’s drawing plays up for his son at receiver who is terrible. He can’t throw either.
Posted On: Dec 5th 2020, 10:06 AM #398314

Hmmmm……
Back to the top

I heard frost has given him an offer to join the coaching staff, in some capacity,  when his career is over.
Back to the top

A couple contacts of mine from my beat reporting days who are NOT affiliated with FAU told me they believe Milton is going Power 5. Coming here as a proven starting QB, even off injury, doesn’t make a ton of sense for Milton. It made sense in theory for Taulia Tago…Tagova….Mini Tua. 

I personally believe Milton winds up at UF. I saw FSU might be in play but I think UF is a safer play, even with them losing Pitts. 

If FAU lands a grad transfer QB, it will likely be someone who fits these archetypes:

* Power 5 QB who briefly started at one point but has primarily been a backup/P5 QB who has been at their school for a couple of years, maybe after transferring from a JC, and never really got in.

* G5 QB who has started in the past but is now a backup because of injuries and a young starter. (Mack from UCF fits this mold.) 

* The Rafe Peavy, AKA a former P5 QB who has been a backup at G5 and is open to staying in G5 if it means he can start. 

* FCS or a low level G5 team transferring up. 

* A P5 QB who has sizable ties to Taggart and the staff and is open to going wherever. (James Blackman, in theory.)

TL;DR: A proven, All-Conference QB at the P5 or AAC level is almost certainly not transferring here. This represents a step down for them. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

if we had Lane Kiffin, we would have a shot at Milton as almost every QB dreams of having an offensive genius like that guy. That is how we got Robison from a top school like Oklahoma. Yes Robison had behavior issues but I guarantee you there were Power 5s that wanted Robison but they had offenses that was like watching paint dry like the Gators until the last 2 years.
Back to the top

rook01 said

if we had Lane Kiffin, we would have a shot at Milton as almost every QB dreams of having an offensive genius like that guy. That is how we got Robison from a top school like Oklahoma. Yes Robison had behavior issues but I guarantee you there were Power 5s that wanted Robison but they had offenses that was like watching paint dry like the Gators until the last 2 years.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:18 AM #398457

Maybe! I agree that Lane would add different factors. Enough to get Milton? Don’t know, but the chances might be better. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: