Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020-21 FAU Offseason Wishlist

I think Milton feels he has the leverage but I am sure he does not. I would rather a QB with an acl injury rather than what he endured because medicine has taken us very far with those types of injuries.  Milton almost lost his leg, let that sink in for a moment.  Jay Williams one of my favorite players went through Something similar and never was the same.

My point is that was basketball and Milton plays football. The risk is very high, and I think for any team that’s a transitional 1 time fix.  He will go to a Power 5 school and I think he should go to Nebraska, funny when he was ok and Frost left I figured he should have gone with him because he would have been drafted high for sure.  

His value is not what it used to be, and if he’s desperate then he would come to say an FAU to at least play but for us that’s not the best thing.  We want a long term option that can grow our program, it would be hard knowing he’s a hit away from being done completely.  

We need a QB that can at least throw.  We just regressed soo much on offense it’s insane. Posey and Trini are good package QB’s but need a lot of work.  Willie needs to look and find that next person that can just do better.  

Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

JakeElman said

DeltAlumnus said

rook01 said

if we had Lane Kiffin, we would have a shot at Milton as almost every QB dreams of having an offensive genius like that guy. That is how we got Robison from a top school like Oklahoma. Yes Robison had behavior issues but I guarantee you there were Power 5s that wanted Robison but they had offenses that was like watching paint dry like the Gators until the last 2 years.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:18 AM #398457

If every QB wanted to play for Lane then why were his QB commits:

Deandre Johnson
Cordell Littlejohn
Javion Posey

Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:29 AM #398461

I would have to go back and look at the timeline, but I now think the push for Littlejohn was a panic move by the staff. Driskel retired, no one knew yet how De’Andre Johnson would be after the blood clots, Parr had transferred. 

Also, FAU took Romphf over Michael Pratt, and Pratt went to Tulane. And Romphf is now playing DB at Purdue. 

Cordel is a really nice guy, comes from a great family. When spring camp opened in ‘19, I had expected more from him. They moved him to WR for a reason.

This staff cannot do a panic move if Agner and Tronti don’t come back, and make that clear soon. If FAU goes into spring ball with Posey, Taggart Jr., and the two freshmen emergency arms … Yikes. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:35 AM #398462

Also regarding Pratt. I don’t think he comes to FAU at the end. Tulane a better academic opportunity and a great offensive HC, plus better conference 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:50 AM #398466

Yup, Pratt was always a pipe dream and never was going to come here.  Romph felt like a reach.

Finding a QB is extremely hard and involves some luck.   

Trask at UF is a kid who never started a high school game and was taken as a project.
Back to the top

Actually not terrible at P5 ACC FSU even with a terrible OL for years!!!!!!
Back to the top

JakeElman said

A couple contacts of mine from my beat reporting days who are NOT affiliated with FAU told me they believe Milton is going Power 5. Coming here as a proven starting QB, even off injury, doesn’t make a ton of sense for Milton. It made sense in theory for Taulia Tago…Tagova….Mini Tua. 

I personally believe Milton winds up at UF. I saw FSU might be in play but I think UF is a safer play, even with them losing Pitts. 

If FAU lands a grad transfer QB, it will likely be someone who fits these archetypes:

* Power 5 QB who briefly started at one point but has primarily been a backup/P5 QB who has been at their school for a couple of years, maybe after transferring from a JC, and never really got in.

* G5 QB who has started in the past but is now a backup because of injuries and a young starter. (Mack from UCF fits this mold.) 

* The Rafe Peavy, AKA a former P5 QB who has been a backup at G5 and is open to staying in G5 if it means he can start. 

* FCS or a low level G5 team transferring up. 

* A P5 QB who has sizable ties to Taggart and the staff and is open to going wherever. (James Blackman, in theory.)

TL;DR: A proven, All-Conference QB at the P5 or AAC level is almost certainly not transferring here. This represents a step down for them. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 7:15 AM #398453

I think milton goes to fsu. He goes to UF and he isnt beating out emory jones or anthony richardson. He hasnt played in 2 years. Fsu is desperate. He could start there. With everything you listed above let’s throw some names out there. N’kosi Perry! 
Back to the top

Buffalo's OL coach looks pretty good. How's that for a passive, spittle of a wish.
Back to the top

Spittle…

:Yawn:
Back to the top

Jawon Pass from louisville is in the portal. He is who I would pursue so far as a QB for realistic options.
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

Jawon Pass from louisville is in the portal. He is who I would pursue so far as a QB for realistic options.
Posted On: Dec 14th 2020, 3:09 PM #399008

I second this
Back to the top

THE WILLIE WAGON said

1OwlFLATL said

Posted On: Dec 14th 2020, 3:09 PM #399008

I second this
Posted On: Dec 14th 2020, 5:47 PM #399009

Back to the top

Nice to see folks taking advantage of our functionality - TON is one of the very few places aside from social media platforms that you can embed tweets, and post videos on a forum!

Keep it up!

Information sharing is a great thing, and that's why we developed it for our members and guests  :cool:
Back to the top
Control functions: