Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020-21 FAU Offseason Wishlist

1OwlFLATL said

Jawon Pass from louisville is in the portal. He is who I would pursue so far as a QB for realistic options.
Posted On: Dec 14th 2020, 3:09 PM #399008

If FAU lands Pass at QB,  I also want a running back whose last name is Rush. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

There are multiple Elite 11 QB's in the portal, there should be more in the coming days.
Back to the top

His name is James. Blackman.
Back to the top

I know that supposedly our OL graded out as a good pass blocking unit. But I don’t know how that calculation was made. I thought the OL was well below average with pass blocking. These I suppose are the same calculations that made Diaz one of the best centers on the country. It’s unfathomable our pass blocking graded well.
If your getting Blackmon his only chance of succeeding is if he has all day to throw. He’s still a massive bust. It would be ridiculous especially since he can’t run and Taggart had his most success with a running QB.

Just get a guy that can hit the side of the barn and run. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I know that supposedly our OL graded out as a good pass blocking unit. But I don’t know how that calculation was made. I thought the OL was well below average with pass blocking. These I suppose are the same calculations that made Diaz one of the best centers on the country. It’s unfathomable our pass blocking graded well.
If your getting Blackmon his only chance of succeeding is if he has all day to throw. He’s still a massive bust. It would be ridiculous especially since he can’t run and Taggart had his most success with a running QB.

Just get a guy that can hit the side of the barn and run. 
Posted On: Dec 15th 2020, 12:08 AM #399017
No, breaking down film and grading stuff out is not "unfathomable.'' To grade online you have to watch all 22 film.

FAU is 66 in total sacks allowed with 18, eight of which came vs UMASS.

If you watch that game it many of the sacks came from Posey holding the ball too long or not reading blitzs.

If a team blitzs six guys and the online blocks the five they should and the free blitzer gets the sack, it is not on the online.

The Qb should have seen the blitz and gotten the ball out to a hot route or a running back should have picked it up.

Larry McCammon was by far FAU's best pass-blocking back and missing him has hurt in some of those scenarios.

Back to the top

Exactly Shane, 5 cannot block 6….or 8 vs. UMASS! Posey failed BIGTOIME in that game IMHO. Oh, as did the Coaches for not adjusting play calling.

And ya don't have to have a QB with a cannon to hit long passes, with single coverage IF the WR can beat his man and get a step or two, ya hit him mid range by leading him slightly and letting the WR run to the ball! And FAU, run more fly or crossing routes, reduce  the much more difficult fades.
Back to the top

Personally I would pass on Pass! Was not good at Loserville at all!. Low 50's completion rate, more pics than TD's and not a runner.

Blackmon was WAY better with a horrid OL at FSU.
Back to the top

Do we not like Russo out of Temple?
Back to the top

Russo not too bad but to many PICS IMHO!
Back to the top

What about Chase Brice from Duke, who was at Clemson before that. He has the pedigree.
Back to the top
Control functions: