Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 FAU Football Fall Camp

2020 FAU Football Fall Camp

FAU Football payers will report to fall camp tomorrow, with the first day of action slated for Wednesday, August 5th.

The Owls will start August prep in an unfamiliar position, as their first two games (Minnesota, and Stony Brook) have gone by the way side due to the pandemic, but administrative officials are still in pursuit of opponents to fill the slots if possible.

Also, this year's camp activities will have vastly different coverage allowances when compared to all other years, with most seemingly to occur via secure online interviews and updates based on current feedback.

A Fall Camp schedule is slated to be released tomorrow and we will keep you posted once it is.

Unfortunately, a lot of what we had planned to do will have to be adjusted to "fit the mold" but we are committed to working through the challenges as applicable. 

More to come, and with that, hopefully a season!

Go Owls!

Back to the top

The fall camp roster should be dropping today or tomorrow.

Here are some of the important notes to look for:

2020 signees CB Jaylon Worsham and Ath Lajohntay Wester are both expected to join the team.

DL Jaden Wheeler, WR Kobe Stewart, and CB Peter Warrick Jr. are all 2020 grey shirts and will be enrolling in January 2021.

That was planned from the day they signed.

This leaves Lou Dorsey as the only 2020 commit that is not currently expected to enroll at any point.

Certainly, better enrollment than the past couple of classes. 

Look to see is UK transfer Marvin Alexander was able to enroll.

As always fans can expect to see a couple of surprises.

Back to the top

I read the tease of a Huge change that may or may not be permanent.   I'm not goi g to guess, but you can imagine where my thought immediately  go. And if I'm correct, I would not be surprised.  ( Or  i could be totally wrong)
Back to the top

I think I know where your thoughts are immediately going and I hope you're totally wrong.

Joe Lascari
Back to the top

He's not wrong.

Unfortunately…
Back to the top

Wow, that's really disappointing. Didn't want any of this momentum to stop but we're still living in 2020 so I guess it's par for the course.

Joe Lascari
Back to the top

Has this news been disclosed yet?
Back to the top

Big Lerm said

Has this news been disclosed yet?
Posted On: Aug 4th 2020, 3:55 PM #395508

FAU Star QB Chris Robison No Show for Fall Camp - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Now it's time for tronti to get first team reps. He cam handle it. Lots of tools. A good play caller won't miss a beat. Ps, CR is wearing me out. Move along..
Back to the top

We know that Robison is out, but there are a couple surprises that have come in.

First, Jackson Wenstrom (who plays OF for FAU Baseball) is listed as a TE. Didn't see that one coming! Wenstrom isa junior who joined the football team during the Summer Camp, while working with the baseball team during nights.

Former UCLA WR Danian Alloway as joined the roster. He was a four-star out of HS, but has only caught one pass for the Bruins.

Some other interesting notes:

Coach Taggart's son, Willie Taggart Jr., is listed as a QB and will wear#10. Javion Posey is also listed at QB, despite getting some playing time at WR last year.

Speaking of wide receivers, the many WR transfers have their numbers set as well. TJ Chase (Clemson) #8, Aaron Young (Duke) #13, Yanez Rogers (Cincinnati) #17, D'Marcus Adams (FSU) #19, Marvin Alexander (Kentucky) #84.

Can't forget TE Michael Irvin II, who will wear #87.

The NCAA will now allow players to wear #0 and #00, but looks like no FAU players have taken that opportunity to make history.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: