Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 FAU Football Fall Camp

Hope everything is okay with Chris, and if this is it, thanks for the great season last year and best of luck! Hope to see you on Sundays in the future. We still have some talented QBs on the roster and to be honest this was going to be a whole new system, receivers, for whatever QB got the nod.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Hope everything is okay with Chris, and if this is it, thanks for the great season last year and best of luck! Hope to see you on Sundays in the future. We still have some talented QBs on the roster and to be honest this was going to be a whole new system, receivers, for whatever QB got the nod.
Posted On: Aug 4th 2020, 5:55 PM #395518

Yea Tronti might shine in this system given his power running ability. Anger is a capable backup if he’s still on the roster
Back to the top

If Chris done at FAU and there is actually a season. I hope posey gets a legit chance to compete at QB 
Back to the top

I’m on the Posey bandwagon.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Why do I think he’s transferring. We’ve had way too many of these transfers. Maybe Harvard?
Back to the top

If he is transferring; I don't understand why players are allowed to transfer at this point. Don't they have a window?
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

If he is transferring; I don't understand why players are allowed to transfer at this point. Don't they have a window?
Posted On: Aug 4th 2020, 7:17 PM #395523

He is not transferring as of now.

Back to the top

We should have kept De’andre Johnson or gave him more playing time.  Overall Robison
Did great things here,  and I thank him for that.  I hope he seeks or finds his peace in whatever he does next in life.  

First the bad, Robison is an all- time leading QB in some  statistical categories at FAU.  He was certainly climbing the ranks to quite possibly be our best QB in Program history.  Kiffin leveled him out and he did well,  I wonder if he pulls a stunt and tries to go to Ole Miss. Wish we had more notice though.

The good is that Tronti has a lot of touches and game time. He has personal success getting positive yards and making plays happen.   He reminds me of a Danny Embrick from back in the day but more refined and more elusive than Jaquez Johnson.  My thing is how he throws, if we can design easy plays for him to roll out and throw short strikes he will be fine.  He can run and gain yards and with our number of running backs fresh legs can wear down defenses.

I think athletes thrive in situations like this one.  Tronti has the accolades,  was recruited by a Power 5 school and has positive game experience.  If this was say 2007 I would say we are done for the year.  The athletes that we are bringing in now and the coaching will take us over the hill.  I think Willie has a plan, like Kiffin this is his last chance. 
Back to the top

I don't want to get into whether or not a kid could or should transfer; at any time in the season; or their stay at a University; that's, like, a whole thing on it's own. And I'm not gonna judge a kid's reason for transfer. I transferred. Nobody cared. Unless, is there, like, a 2004 feed here on Art? No? Commies.

And I don't know if he did or could/can.

What worries me now, more-now than when Spring was cancelled, who's our center gonna be? I feel pretty good about our line, had felt. But now-now, I worry about the center. No, I'm fine, Tronti's fine, everything's fine. Forget it. We're fine. Go Sports!
Back to the top

Taggart boosted our receiving corps. I was really looking forward to these guys working with Cris Robison and have someone take over next year. Maybe that's still a possibility. I'll keep my optimism to myself for now.
Back to the top
Control functions: