Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 FAU Football Fall Camp

Ugh!
Back to the top

faufan300 said

We should have kept De’andre Johnson or gave him more playing time.  Overall Robison
Did great things here,  and I thank him for that.  I hope he seeks or finds his peace in whatever he does next in life.  

First the bad, Robison is an all- time leading QB in some  statistical categories at FAU.  He was certainly climbing the ranks to quite possibly be our best QB in Program history.  Kiffin leveled him out and he did well,  I wonder if he pulls a stunt and tries to go to Ole Miss. Wish we had more notice though.

The good is that Tronti has a lot of touches and game time. He has personal success getting positive yards and making plays happen.   He reminds me of a Danny Embrick from back in the day but more refined and more elusive than Jaquez Johnson.  My thing is how he throws, if we can design easy plays for him to roll out and throw short strikes he will be fine.  He can run and gain yards and with our number of running backs fresh legs can wear down defenses.

I think athletes thrive in situations like this one.  Tronti has the accolades,  was recruited by a Power 5 school and has positive game experience.  If this was say 2007 I would say we are done for the year.  The athletes that we are bringing in now and the coaching will take us over the hill.  I think Willie has a plan, like Kiffin this is his last chance. 
Posted On: Aug 4th 2020, 7:50 PM #395525

De'andre had the tools to be a swiss army knife NFL player. I think we also lost Driskel because of Robison too.

Back to the top

voss749 said

faufan300 said

We should have kept De’andre Johnson or gave him more playing time.  Overall Robison
Did great things here,  and I thank him for that.  I hope he seeks or finds his peace in whatever he does next in life.  

First the bad, Robison is an all- time leading QB in some  statistical categories at FAU.  He was certainly climbing the ranks to quite possibly be our best QB in Program history.  Kiffin leveled him out and he did well,  I wonder if he pulls a stunt and tries to go to Ole Miss. Wish we had more notice though.

The good is that Tronti has a lot of touches and game time. He has personal success getting positive yards and making plays happen.   He reminds me of a Danny Embrick from back in the day but more refined and more elusive than Jaquez Johnson.  My thing is how he throws, if we can design easy plays for him to roll out and throw short strikes he will be fine.  He can run and gain yards and with our number of running backs fresh legs can wear down defenses.

I think athletes thrive in situations like this one.  Tronti has the accolades,  was recruited by a Power 5 school and has positive game experience.  If this was say 2007 I would say we are done for the year.  The athletes that we are bringing in now and the coaching will take us over the hill.  I think Willie has a plan, like Kiffin this is his last chance. 
Posted On: Aug 4th 2020, 7:50 PM #395525

De'andre had the tools to be a swiss army knife NFL player. I think we also lost Driskel because of Robison too.

Posted On: Aug 4th 2020, 10:13 PM #395531

De'Andre was never the same after he got the blood clot in the elbow.

I can tell you for certainty Driskel did not leave because of Robison.

Back to the top

That upset over FIU that Johnson lead was fun though!

That being said, we can all moan for as long as we want. Or we can remember that we are defending champions, and had the best back-up QB in the conference. It's Tronti Time folks.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I agree, Tronti was recruited QB coming out of High School and was not named 2016 Mr. Football in Florida for nothing. He is a capable QB and will be our new leader. He does have game experience as well.
Let’s get on board for Tronti Time!!
Back to the top

I want to see his arm. I have no knowledge  on what he is capable of. I know he has legs . But does he have an arm. Anybody have more info?
Back to the top

Robison is a better thrower of the ball, but Tronti can make up for it with his athleticism, especially in the ground game.

With all the added talent at WR, we won't need Tronti to throw Robison like numbers in order to win the conference. Driskel type of numbers will suffice: solid runs when needed, with little to no turnovers, and let the talent around him take over.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Tronti has all the physical tools. Even played on the punt coverage team in this past Boca Bowl. You could argue Tronti has some Tebow traits. In fall camp last year, Robison was ahead as a thrower, as Robison had more "twitch" to his game. Tronti did have some troubles with anticipation on his throws. However, Tronti has a Big Ten arm and given the returners in the backfield and new weapons on the perimeter the offense should be fine.
Back to the top

I know this is just a highlight but they guy throws well in the pocket, outside and while running. His passes are precise, long and short, he is elusive in the pocket and runs well when he sees an opening. If you give this guy more time with the 1st team; he will be fine.
Who could be his backup, Posey?
https://247sports.com/player/nick-tronti-78625/
Back to the top

As previously mentioned, the media is not allowed to participate in person in camp sessions this year, but here are notables from SID Katrina McCormack following the first day of field activities:

Florida Atlantic University football began preseason practice on Wednesday with a very different look – a new head coach and staff, a new facility and new safety parameters.

The Owls began what would be the first of two scheduled Wednesday practices with new coaches and under the direction of head coach Willie Taggart, who is in his 21st season overall.

For the first time in 20 years, the Owls operated from the Schmidt Family Complex for Academic and Athletic Excellence, moving from the Tom Oxley Center, which opened for practice in August of 2000. Wednesday’s practice was the first opportunity for the Owls to take nearly full advantage of the Schmidt Family Complex and the new practice fields (nearly because the team meeting room and larger group functions are not permitted to be used, in an effort to follow social distancing guidelines).

The day’s two sessions provided the first opportunity for Taggart and staff to see and work with the team on the field after spring practice was canceled due to COVID-19; however, much like in all walks of life, the management of daily tasks has a different look. Coaches and staff donned masks and protective gear, while the players went through their paces wearing helmets for the first time in 2020, as well as face coverings.

The team was divided into two groups, with the first of two practices beginning shortly after 8 a.m. Less than an hour into the first group’s work, the team moved into the parking garage due to weather. The Owls returned to the field, but their session ended shortly thereafter to make way for the second group.

By 10:05, group two was underway before they too were removed from the field due to weather. Upon their return, the Owls remained in smaller groups.

Media will be afforded their first virtual session with Coach Taggart tomorrow, and we'll be live tweeting, asking some questions, and taking some notes to keep you informed.
Back to the top
Control functions: