Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 OU FAU Wins vs Loss Total

Rick, I hope this is ok...after all it only benefits the Nest.

I will lay the gauntlet.  I never bet against FAU, however this is for a good cause as the Owls Nest benefits no matter what happens.

The over/under for 2020 wins is set at 10.  My take is our D had more talent than most realized and is losing a ton going into 2020.  So here is the bet, I will accept all bets for $25 each (aside from the $100 already accepted).

We win under 10 games, you donate $25 to the nest.  We win over 10 games, I will donate $25 per bet to the Nest.

Accepting bets up until $1,000.  DM me that you want to place bet, I will share list with Rick when the kickoff of the first game of the season goes off.  At that point no further bets will be accepted.

JFG is locked in at $100 on over 10 wins, however I am going to pull a Vegas and move the line in order to gain interest and support The Nest.  The line is going to be set at 8.5 wins.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I will lay the gauntlet.  I never bet against FAU, however this is for a good cause as the Owls Nest benefits no matter what happens.

The over/under for 2020 wins is set at 10.  My take is our D had more talent than most realized and is losing a ton going into 2020.  So here is the bet, I will accept all bets for $25 each (aside from the $100 already accepted).

We win under 10 games, you donate $25 to the nest.  We win over 10 games, I will donate $25 per bet to the Nest.

Accepting bets up until $1,000.  DM me that you want to place bet, I will share list with Rick when the kickoff of the first game of the season goes off.  At that point no further bets will be accepted.
Posted On: Feb 11th 2020, 4:16 PM #394051

Where did you find this over/under?

Also: please post a reminder in this thread again before the season kicks off.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

walty12 said

Then don't bet against Georgia Southern heads up or without points!  ;-)
Back to the top

Then betting points wont help your win/loss record!   ;-) :)
Back to the top

GSUsTALON said

walty12 said

Then don't bet against Georgia Southern heads up or without points!  ;-)
Posted On: Feb 11th 2020, 7:27 PM #394053

I love GA people, they have a great sense of humor.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Bless their hearts.
Back to the top

walty12 said

All good!

Not sure how many folks will step up with money on the line, but hope the coffer gets a bump  :Laughing:  :cool:  :Winking:

Go Owls!

Back to the top

Rick said

walty12 said

All good!

Not sure how many folks will step up with money on the line, but hope the coffer gets a bump  :Laughing:  :cool:  :Winking:

Go Owls!

Posted On: Feb 11th 2020, 11:05 PM #394057

You're right, in an effort to bump the coffer I am moving the O/U to 8.5 wins to hopefully drive interest.  A lot of folks were saying they EXPECT 10+ wins this coming season…I expect your DM's to confirm the $25 bet soon.

All others, lets go!  The Nest is going to need the money and this is your chance to have me donate the money for you!  All the while, if I do end up donating the $1k it means FAU had another great football season.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

@walty I'm down for the challenge.

Also, I would love to see the Athletics department partnering with OwlsNest at various events. It would be nice if they could prove free advertising here.

Theres a lot of value in having an active fan forum and the more people we have here, the more it benefits FAU as well.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Rick said

walty12 said

Rick, I hope this is ok…after all it only benefits the Nest.

All good!

Go Owls!

Posted On: Feb 11th 2020, 11:05 PM #394057
You're right, in an effort to bump the coffer I am moving the O/U to 8.5 wins to hopefully drive interest.  A lot of folks were saying they EXPECT 10+ wins this coming season…I expect your DM's to confirm the $25 bet soon.

All others, lets go!  The Nest is going to need the money and this is your chance to have me donate the money for you!  All the while, if I do end up donating the $1k it means FAU had another great football season.
Posted On: Feb 12th 2020, 9:49 AM #394058
I’m in for $100 at 8.5 with the over

Zero chance I will remember this so please remind me in November.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: