Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 Roster Changes

I don’t understand this. It’s been proven that FAU can get you into the NFL and we had a DB declare. Makes no sense and we have an amazing DC in Leavitt.
Back to the top

Dotson:

Per Shane, via former TON connection, Miami has solid interest, so we'll see…

If he is leaving for academics or starting post-grad salary, that would seem the better choice?
Back to the top

Rick said

Dotson:

Per Shane, via former TON connection, Miami has solid interest, so we'll see…

If he is leaving for academics or starting post-grad salary, that would seem the better choice?
Posted On: Jan 15th 2020, 10:45 PM #393417

I like meiko but it will be intereting to see how his game adjusts. He was good but will it translate to the ACC? 
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

I like meiko but it will be intereting to see how his game adjusts. He was good but will it translate to the ACC? 
Posted On: Jan 15th 2020, 11:02 PM #393418

He was signed by GA Tech and went there two years out of high school…he got his chance to shine here, so probably won't be difficult if he lands down south.

His size would be the only thing, once they get some guys into the rotation who are larger and the competition for playing time heats up.

He's good, and would suspect he'll be in the mix.

Back to the top

I don’t see how this hurts us. We’ve had a lot of different DB’s step up in the recent years and it’ll be the next man up. If it wasn’t this P5 nonsense he wouldn’t be going anywhere. There will be DB’s who step up in 2020. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I don’t see how this hurts us. We’ve had a lot of different DB’s step up in the recent years and it’ll be the next man up. If it wasn’t this P5 nonsense he wouldn’t be going anywhere. There will be DB’s who step up in 2020. 
Posted On: Jan 15th 2020, 11:11 PM #393420

I don’t see how it doesn’t hurt. I’m not saying it isn’t possible for the next corner to be just as successful but it’s far from a forgone conclusion. The defense will be almost completely different than the very successful defense we were blessed to have last year. The new coaching staff was already in a tough spot trying to follow up one of if not the best season in school history; these player departures will only increase the degree of difficulty.  
Back to the top

This hurts us a lot and we need to find experience in the portal or I do not know if any coaching can overcome it.

We have recruited well at defensive back, but lack depth at outside CB.

Deshaun Moss has not made any impact in the regular season in his three seasons here, Korel Smith was hurt most of last year and Teja Young is inexperienced.

When you combine this with the 4 experienced defensive tackles we lost to graduation, the D could have some serious growing pains.
Back to the top

This year is most likely a rebuild. Doesn’t mean that the offense won’t be good enough to get us to a bowl but I doubt 2020 is the year that FAU makes a big run. Just being pragmatic, the portal gives and the portal takes away. Some years are good and some aren’t great. On the bright side conference USA is terrible so we we can always be in the running. 

Back to the top

NJOWL said

Right…. go to play for the guy who thought you were not good enough to start even though you led the country in interceptions.
Posted On: Jan 15th 2020, 10:25 PM #393415

Did some digging on this…He was slotted to start and asked not to because he liked coming off the bench…kind of like the 6th man aspect.

Guy is VERY humble…anyways, he would have started after a couple games, it was his decision and coaches agreed to honor it.

Back to the top

Rick said

NJOWL said

Right…. go to play for the guy who thought you were not good enough to start even though you led the country in interceptions.
Posted On: Jan 15th 2020, 10:25 PM #393415

Did some digging on this…He was slotted to start and asked not to because he liked coming off the bench…kind of like the 6th man aspect.

Guy is VERY humble…anyways, he would have started after a couple games, it was his decision and coaches agreed to honor it.

Posted On: Jan 16th 2020, 10:30 AM #393427
can you link that? Doesn’t really make much sense. Do we know snap counts?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: