Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Fall Camp

Rick said

No complaints here, just a stated fact:

Rick said

It's really ridiculous that they can be out there reporting, but no one else can.
Posted On: Aug 7th 2021, 11:00 PM #402729

Posted On: Aug 8th 2021, 1:23 PM #402734

Who is they? The school another media outlet? I’m lost. 
Back to the top

Sorry, FAU staff.
Back to the top

Notables from Day Two via FAU:

• In early morning one-on-ones, Nick Tronti connected deep on back-to-back completions to Jefftey Joseph and Willie Wright
  • Three days of practice and three weather delays, as Sunday's lasted for 44 minutes
  • Out of the break, N'Kosi Perry had a connection with Austin Evans over the middle, then found Johnny Ford on a release, who went over 20 MPH (first of the day) and took it down inside the 5-yard-line
  • Also breaking that speed barrier was Malcolm Davidson around the edge
  • The defense had many stops in the backfield, including by Eddie Williams, Teja Young and Caliph Brice
  • Ashton McNeal met his receiver near the sideline and stripped the ball away, out-of-bounds
  • James Charles broke free for a long run, causing multiple coaches to meet him on the sideline to celebrate
  • Near the end, Courtney McBride came up with a sack, and a couple of plays later, a plethora of Owls surrounded the QB, with the first touch coming from Jaylen Joyner
Back to the top

I took a look and noticed a couple interesting things:

* Eli Fields, that JUCO OL transfer from the 2020 class, looks like he's playing LG in the shot with Tronti taking snaps with the non-starters. Tronti taking reps with probably the second-team offense doesn't mean much at this point since coaches like to rotate quarterbacks in with different units during the battle. When Fields got here, he told me they liked him at tackle. Adam Boselli (TE transfer from NC State) is also with that group. Can't see who's playing LT but they have a tattoo on their forearm near their wrist. Whoever is at RG's helmet tag is showing, and it looks like the last two letters are "NE." Sebastien Dolcine, maybe?

* Taggart Jr. is playing QB (which we knew) and lined up with what looks like Rayquan Berry at running back and maybe B.J. Alexander at WR? The WR is tall with dreads. Hard to tell with some of these pics because the angles don't always include the numbers clearly. You need to know someone's face (someone like Desmond Noel is instantly recognizable for me because he's got the distinct red hair) or certain tattoos or a guy like Lasater who goes with the crop-top jersey.

So what does it mean? Ehhh, not sure it means much of anything outside of potentially Eli Fields as the backup LG. I had wondered where he'd fit into the offensive line mix so that might be an answer.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

IT'S HIT DAY BOYS! *Rick Flair WOOOOOOOOOO*

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Actually, draw that back. Team elects to remain in shoulders and helmets today.

Back to the top

Team still working on their depth and rotations, especially at the QB position.

Looks like that boys are still working on their zone reads. That's Tronti and Ford getting a bit mixed up in some red zone drills.

BUT HEY, this is what Fall Camp is for! Work through these kinks NOW before Gainesville.

Back to the top

With some rules modifications having been presented, here are the schedule parameters for fall camp post COVID - which has changed a lot of things:

• Camp is 25 Days total now
  • Of those 25 days, 9 can be full contact
  • Of those 9, 2 can be 75 mins of full contact
  • In essence, this means you get 2 scrimmages
  • There are now 5 acclimation days before full pads
  • FAU will be eligible for full pads on Thursday, August 12th (day 6)
  • FAU will use that 1st day of eligibility for full pads
  • Oklahoma drill has been banned
Back to the top

As a notable addition to camp timeframe happenings…

FAU Football's Summer 2021 Graduating Class:

Back to the top

I'll be doing TE's preview later but for now, the team is running some two tight end sets this morning. The position is much deeper than last year, so this is good to see.

Back to the top
Control functions: