Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

JakeElman said

I thought we were past these Facebook-only games. All hail the HMDI cord. 
Posted On: Jun 1st 2021, 4:33 PM #402333

Marshall game should be on TV. Nobody wants to watch that on Facebook.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

Just a quick call out, the AF game is NATIONAL, not regional.

Back to the top

Rick said

Just a quick call out, the AF game is NATIONAL, not regional.

Posted On: Jun 1st 2021, 6:52 PM #402335

So in theory, that’s a fair trade off if we justify the FB-only game existing with well, they’re going to get a Fox game and an SEC Network game. 

An HDMI to TV device for the Marshall-FAU game is very cheap on Amazon. 😁

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I do not mind streaming as that that is where most people are turning these days.

My issue is how many types of services we are on.

ESPN+, ESPN 3 (this is cable, but still has to be pulled up on it's own), Stadium, Facebook.

This is so confusing for the average fan.

Each one of these requires a different way of watching.

Last year regional Fox affiliates picked up the Stadium games, but will that happen again Bally? Will bar owners have to run an HDMI cord from a lap top to a TV?

You can see why no local bar would put us on a bunch of TV's.

I do not mind streaming games as long is it's consistent.

If we had 9 games on ESPN+, One SEC, one Fox Sports, and two CBSSN, it would be fine.
Back to the top

Will bar owners have to run an HDMI cord from a lap top to a TV?

For a FAU game?

No.

"This is so confusing for the average fan." - Its confusing for me and I am an avid fan.

We really need our games picked up, Facebook stream isn't getting it done.  ESPN 3 is just horrendous coverage.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Would like to see virtually all of our streaming games picked up by a local affiliate. Before Fox sports did it last year, we were appearing on the local channel 15 ( the CW I think?) here in Palm Beach County. I get it, we’re not going to draw even a “regional” audience to justify getting on ESPN or ESPN 2 consistently but we should at leas have the local stations wanting to put our games on. Many folks in the area want to see FAU do well because it’s sort of like a hometown local team type feel though obviously not committed enough to go watch a game but hey if it’s on a local channel why not catch some or all of the game ?
Back to the top

I'm pretty sure Stadium has a channel on Pluto TV…. it's a free TV app for cord cutters…. most smart TVs can download it and so can Roku, Google TV, etc

and you can get rid of the HDMI cord if you get a Google TV or just a plain Chromecast.. pretty cheap, less than $30…. all Facebook videos can cast onto your TV….. even if your TV isn't a smart TV….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Wow, just checked out the Pluto…tons of stuff on there all for free……

Do see Stadium as well  :cool:
Back to the top

I’m planning on cutting the cord this month so this is good to know!

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Pluto TV is a very cool app.  For those with a Fire-stick, appleTV etc. you can also download The Stadium app Go Owls! 
Back to the top
Control functions: