Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Spring Game

Add topic

JakeElman said

From FAU:

“Face coverings required at entrance gates and inside FAU Stadium at all times, unless actively eating or drinking. Proper line spacing and queuing will be utilized.”
Posted On: Mar 24th 2021, 11:08 AM #401351

Thank you.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I won't be tailgating, but I will be enjoying a bite to eat and a few of the world's coldest beers while sitting in a chair , next to my truck, in the parking lot. As for masks,  just be respectful and the world should be happy. We are sooo  close to being out of the woods.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I won't be tailgating, but I will be enjoying a bite to eat and a few of the world's coldest beers while sitting in a chair , next to my truck, in the parking lot. As for masks,  just be respectful and the world should be happy. We are sooo  close to being out of the woods.
Posted On: Mar 24th 2021, 2:43 PM #401355

But Are we really? I just got my first dose today but feel like there are still far too many who view it with enough skepticism not to get vaccinated 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

…I just got my first dose today…
Posted On: Mar 24th 2021, 6:40 PM #401356

Something tells me you're NOT 50+…

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Y'all have a great time at spring game! I am 64 but healthy will no underlying health issues and cannot get shot yet. Good news (???) is I turn 65 on April 6! :Smug:
Back to the top

Although I’ll be taking advantage of the bar ant the stadium, here’s some quick things I’m personally looking out for:

* Atmosphere. When FAU did the draft for the 2019 spring game, I thought there was some genuine buzz on the players’ side. It didn’t feel like Just Another Practice. Are the players into this? 

* How does Posey look? I think we can all agree that Posey’s problem isn’t his legs. And while it’s only one practice, does Posey look better in some of the QB regards? Is he releasing ball faster? Similar questions about the Fortunate Son but I’m mostly looking at Posey because I think he’s the best option of QBs currently on the roster. 

There’s too many things that we either likely won’t see (tackling) or the spring game won’t be enough of a sample size. 

Roll Owls!

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I am not going to take much out of QB play at all in this game.

Spring should always favor the defense and a game with mixed rosters it only makes it harder for the offense as they continuity dependent.

I am going to be more focused on how individual players look in their one on one match ups.

This especially goes for younger guys and transfers we have not been able to get real eyes on.

Jaden Wheeler, Kobe Stewart, Sebastian Dolcine, and so on.

It will be a little tougher, but seeing how some guys look "different'' after a year in the weight room. This will be really important for guys like Chris Jones and Ja'Marquis Johnson who are stepping to replace McCarthy.

Watching the online mixes will be fun and with the depth we have on paper can they maintain two full solid lines on two teams?
Back to the top

Please consider if you are attending.

Back to the top

We are underway! Tronti lead the white team on offense
Back to the top

Both offenses are showing tempo, but a couple of dropped passes have killed drives for both sides.
Back to the top
Control functions: