Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Spring Football

No a surprise to nobody, the QB position is an open competition.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Local Owl said

What is the keke  situation?
Posted On: Feb 28th 2021, 11:11 AM #400813

Coach said Keke is not yet with the team. "He still has a few more things to work on.. but I'm excited to see Keke!" I tried to push Coach on a timetable; he sounds confident that we'll see Keke return this Summer.

Back to the top

"There's no secret that our quarterbacks need to develop. I think we all know that we need to get better at the position."

Taggart mentioned new OC Mike Johnson when it comes to having a history of developing great QBs.

Back to the top

That'll do it for the first presser.

It's also worth noting that RB Larry McCammon is working out with the team again following his injury last Fall.

Back to the top

Thanks Jack
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

"There's no secret that our quarterbacks need to develop. I think we all know that we need to get better at the position."

Taggart mentioned new OC Mike Johnson when it comes to having a history of developing great QBs.
Posted On: Mar 2nd 2021, 1:02 PM #400861

FWIW, this history involves Drew Brees in 2001 with the Chargers (Brees spent most of that year behind Doug Flutie [!!!]); Michael Vick in Atlanta from 2003-05 (when Vick was exciting but fragile); and Alex Smith on the 49ers in 2010 (competent, but still a year away from becoming the Alex Smith we know now). 

So Johnson Sr. has worked with a quarterback who is going to the Hall of Fame, one who has had a pretty fine career, and one who is probably among the most iconic quarterbacks of the last 25 years. Good stuff. If Posey is the next Vick but without injuries and hurting dogs, FAU will be very lucky. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Teach him to hold onto the ball gotta be No. 1 priority!
Back to the top

Even more of a priority than not hurting dogs??? Karma would be depressed and ashamed. 😂

I’m still interested in knowing if this was a package deal. Did Johnson Jr. only come here because his father was promised the OC job? 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

maybe that was the deal but I have a feeling that Johnson will walk away with the job.
He is elusive, not like posey elusive but way more elusive than Tronti.
Johnson has a better arm than Posey and Tronti
Back to the top

Posey is the guy IMO. A year of experience and full spring will do wonders for him. He can be a run first QB and if he shows even a slight improvement as a passer, he can be a top QB in C-USA
Back to the top
Control functions: