Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Spring Football

Here's the 2021 FAU Football Spring Schedule, with all sessions closed to both the public and media. However, there will be the standard calls on select days.

Monday, March 1

Tuesday, March 2

Wednesday, March 3

Friday, March 5

Saturday, March 6

Tuesday, March 9

Wednesday, March 10

Friday, March 12

Saturday, March 13

Tuesday, March 16

Wednesday, March 17

Friday, March 19

Saturday, March 20

Tuesday, March 23

Wednesday, March 24

Saturday, March 27 - Spring Game

Back to the top

I'm excited. The talent is there, especially on defense, to turn this into a special year. Obviously there's a lot of questions about the offense but I'll try to stay optimistic.  :Big-Grin:

Go Owls. Let's have a big year. I'm all aboard the Michael Johnson Jr. Train.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I'm a baseball guy. I want to see a qb that can throw a pass without looking like they are a pitcher doing a wind up. I want a qb that has the throwing motion of a skilled qb. I don't know if I'm explaining myself correctly.  But last year our qb's just looked bad throwing passes. College teams revolve around the qb's. We MUST have an above average qb for our offense to be successful.  
Back to the top

I agree Local. Hopefully the running back room can stay healthy. Malcolm is a dangerous talent but he’s injury prone. This Johnny Ford from USF can be very good in the right system. If you have 2-3 solid running backs with a competent starting QB, you will be fine in C-USA. 

Back to the top

JakeElman said

I agree Local. Hopefully the running back room can stay healthy. Malcolm is a dangerous talent but he’s injury prone. This Johnny Ford from USF can be very good in the right system. If you have 2-3 solid running backs with a competent starting QB, you will be fine in C-USA. 
Posted On: Feb 26th 2021, 4:56 PM #400755

WITH a good OL! None of that works if the line does not do its job up front!!!
Back to the top

Very glad to see good OL recruiting, now Coaches need to develop them as well. And good transfers in too, if they qualify and play Speaking of, what is the status of Dolcine? IF we get all these SEC transfer OL om the field we should have a DOMINENT CUSA OL!
Back to the top

I'm an old school guy. Give me a great o line and good skill guys , I'll win every game. Everything on both sides of the ball start on the lines. It looks like our coaching staff believe the same thing. They are doing a nice job building the lines. Ps….way to go basketball.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Very glad to see good OL recruiting, now Coaches need to develop them as well. And good transfers in too, if they qualify and play Speaking of, what is the status of Dolcine? IF we get all these SEC transfer OL om the field we should have a DOMINENT CUSA OL!
Posted On: Feb 27th 2021, 9:50 AM #400773

I think Shane said Dolcine had a transcript issue last year. He can be a star here. Size, brains. Very interested to see what Taggart and Warriner* are thinking with the interior. Do you move Weber back to G? How safe is Maranges at RG?

* This year’s drinking game is how often I write “Marriner” instead of “Warriner.”

Back to the top

Thanks Jake. If so OL should be awesome this year!
Back to the top

If I were covering spring camp this year (I’m not) and assuming it’d be open enough to media that we could form our own takes (it sounds like it’s not), these are the things that I 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 would be watching out for. (Besides the QB battle.)

1. What’s the attitude around this team right now? 2018’s was a “we’re the best in the world” from some players and “We still need to prove ourselves” from others. 2019 was far more “Last year was awful and we need to do better.” Do Taggart and the players still consider parts of last year a “success?” Are they embarassed by the flaws and lows?Are the older players frustrated and/or hungry to change things?

2. Speaking of Taggart, I’d be interested to hear about some of the position changes. There’s some linebackers listed as fullbacks on the online roster, Dalton Hustad of Dwyer is now a TE. D’Marcus Adams is now a DB. What went into the changes and are they permanent?

And this somewhat applies to the offensive line. Is Nick Weber a center or are they moving him back to G? Was Taggart happy with the tackle play last year that he’d keep Marquice and BJ out there?

3. The last true freshman WR to really make any kind of difference on offense is Willie Wright in 2017.* Can Edrine and/or Kobe Stewart change that?

*Yes, I know the easy answer is Wester. But Wester averaged less than 7 YPC last year and his really only notable game on offense was against UMass. Returning is another story. 

4. Can they please do something with the tight ends? Vernon Davis had a successful year in SF (56 catches for 914 yards and seven TDs) in 2010 with Michael Johnson Sr. as his OC. Between Rahmod Smith (if he’s healthy), Jacob Pasley, and Irvin, the talent is there. Or is the early indication that they really won’t use the TEs as receivers? 

5. Who’s healthy? And who will stay healthy? Simple enough. If Rahmod Smith is healthy, hopefully they’ll find a way to use him. 

Now, I don’t know how many of these will be really answered because of the access rules. And some of these don’t have to be answered until mid-August. But we shall see. 

Roll Owls. 😁

Back to the top
Control functions: