Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Spring Football

Is Ford the new lead dog? Seems like he and Charles can be the 1-2 punch we need
Back to the top

Coach Taggart has high praise for USF transfer Johnny Ford and his instant splash to Spring ball.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Is Ford the new lead dog? Seems like he and Charles can be the 1-2 punch we need
Posted On: Mar 7th 2021, 6:59 PM #400975

Sure seems like it! The staff has a new tool that let's them know when a player hits a speed of 20+ MPH. Taggart said Ford is a mainstay with that buzzer. Taggart laughed as he added, "Every once in a while a defensive player will hit that speed as well, but that's mainly because they're chasing Johnny!"  

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

All we can hope for is that Johnny Ford uses the strong spring to his advantage when the games count. We have no idea what defense he's running against or who's blocking for him, but speed is speed. Malcolm Davidson was the most explosive back in fall camp two years ago regardless of what unit he took snaps with and look how dominant he was when healthy that year.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I am encouraged by Ford among all the newcomers as he is the one that has put up stats in games. He has more career yds than all of our running backs in a better conference. He can be a complement and change of pace to malcolm davidson.
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

I am encouraged by Ford among all the newcomers as he is the one that has put up stats in games. He has more career yds than all of our running backs in a better conference. He can be a compliment and change of pace to malcolm davidson.
Posted On: Mar 9th 2021, 3:56 PM #400992

I miss him at USF already. He had a few maturity issues, but I think he has learned his lesson. I can tell you that he is a impact player and should get you at least 1 touchdown per game
Back to the top

I wish i were the rb  coach. I would look like a genious  this year. We are DEEP !
Back to the top

Go look up johnny ford highlights dude is ELECTRIC
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I wish i were the rb  coach. I would look like a genious  this year. We are DEEP !
Posted On: Mar 9th 2021, 5:34 PM #400994

If McCammon and Davidson would stay healthy, I’d agree. But I will say the group is perhaps the most talented with the O-Line being the most experienced. The WR group should be better with Mitchell back to compliment TJ Chase. It will all come down to QB play. Hopefully Tronti and Posey can show some maturity while MJJ develops. Would be awesome to see Tronti go all Graham Wilbert 2012 though I believe Posey is the more dynamic option with a higher ceiling 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Mar 9th 2021, 5:34 PM #400994

If McCammon and Davidson would stay healthy, I’d agree. But I will say the group is perhaps the most talented with the O-Line being the most experienced. The WR group should be better with Mitchell back to compliment TJ Chase. It will all come down to QB play. Hopefully Tronti and Posey can show some maturity while MJJ develops. Would be awesome to see Tronti go all Graham Wilbert 2012 though I believe Posey is the more dynamic option with a higher ceiling 
Posted On: Mar 9th 2021, 6:05 PM #400997

I'm tempering my expectations for John Mitchell just because of how many injuries he's had and that he's coming off a knee injury. I think the best-case situation for him is that he turns into what it seemed like the last staff(s) seemingly wanted Nate Terry to be: a massive goal-line weapon. If Mitchell is your goal-line guy who catches 2-4 scores but you're mostly throwing to Chase, Edrine, Brandon Robinsonn, etc., I don't think that's a loss. And they need someone who can beat defenders in the redzone on those 50-50 balls.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: