Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Spring Football

I know i read about the highlighted td  passes in practice etc. Has anybody witnessed sharp, crisp, accurate  passes on a consistent basis by any of our qb's?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I know i read about the highlighted td  passes in practice etc. Has anybody witnessed sharp, crisp, accurate  passes on a consistent basis by any of our qb's?
Posted On: Mar 9th 2021, 7:30 PM #401009

Are you being sarcastic here in reference to last season, or asking about Spring practice observations thus far?

Cause if it's the latter, you would have a better chance of watching a shooting star.

LOCKDOWN tighter than a drum.

Back to the top

OC Mike Johnson Sr. says that the QB's are continuing their development. He's not giving us an update on who is leading the way so far, but that is expected with only a handful of practices under their belt. It is worth noting that QB Mike Johnson Jr. did suffer a sprained ankle last week which forced him to miss a few days. He is now back with the team.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Zyon Gilbert will remaind at CB this upcoming season. He said he prefers that position over safety because he loves the one-on-one competition with receivers. Zyon is one of the most entertaining players at FAU and his ability to chirp on the field can get anybody pumped.

He also spoke briefly about his decision to return to FAU after rumors swirled that he would declare for the Draft. While he is returning in hopes to raise his Draft stock and finish school, he mentioned that he and the team were insulated by the lack of respect with the all-conference team selections and how the team failed to accomplish their season goals. He said that he will use both as motivation for the upcoming season.

Back to the top

DC Mike Stoops said that defense is absorbing the new scheme well. The issue is the players are in the phase where they think too much. Stoops is happy that there is a Spring Ball this year to work through that transition phase where players will not longer have to think, but will just act because they know their responsibility.

Back to the top

We got a chance to talk to FSU grad transfer OL Andrew Boselli. The Jacksonville native seems like a really good kid who just wants to play the game he loves. He mentioned that Nick Tronti sold him on the program and that he could come to FAU to win a conference championship.

Back to the top

I feel like getting the statement from SID is like getting a political statement. Always wonderful without really saying anything. Not letting reporters there does a lot of things.  Hard to get excited. Hard to sell tickets. Hard to grow a fan base.  
Back to the top

She's good people though…

Speaking of which, here are today's notables via SID Katrina McCormack:

• Diashun Moss opened up the day with first celebratory play, an interception in the wide receiver/defensive back drills
  • Teja Young had an interception and a long return which was heavily considered for play of the day
  • Je'Quan Burton showed his leaping skills by climbing the ladder for an outstanding reception
  • Willie Taggart, Jr. ran one in, tip-toeing past the pylon
  • Daniel Leconte busted through the middle for a 20-yard touchdown run and repeated his efforts from two yards out during the red zone drills
  • Following Leconte's TD run, a gang of defenders stopped the rush for a loss of five yards
  • Ryan Cameron was then handed the ball and powered through the line for a score
Back to the top

I love her. She's just doing her job.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I feel like getting the statement from SID is like getting a political statement. Always wonderful without really saying anything. Not letting reporters there does a lot of things.  Hard to get excited. Hard to sell tickets. Hard to grow a fan base.  
Posted On: Mar 10th 2021, 5:19 PM #401023

Hopefully as more people get vaccinated, FAU opens things up a bit for the summer. It’d be nice to see the writers on-site for a scrimmage or a practice and sharing the good word. I can’t be alone in wanting to know what fourth-string RB made a one-handed TD catch. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: