Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Spring Football

Well, the reality of things is that they're most likely not changing for the better – and this will be around the country. Schools and professional teams will use COVID to limit the news that gets out and to control the news and the narrative. And this is life.

That is why we must rally around The Nest, which is fighting through this new normal to bring unique and fresh content.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Correct and really the ONLY FAU fan site to do so in this day and age
Back to the top

JakeElman said

Well, the reality of things is that they're most likely not changing for the better – and this will be around the country. Schools and professional teams will use COVID to limit the news that gets out and to control the news and the narrative. And this is life.

That is why we must rally around The Nest, which is fighting through this new normal to bring unique and fresh content.
Posted On: Mar 10th 2021, 9:02 PM #401039

Thanks for always being a friend of The Nest, Jake! And that goes for everybody else here. We couldn't do what we do if it wasn't for all of you!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Rick, Jack and Shane,
Is there anything we could do to help?
Maybe push the communications department to give you more access?
Anyways, The country will be in much better shape by july in my opinion and we will have more access.
Hopefully I can attend the UF game.
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

Rick, Jack and Shane,
Is there anything we could do to help?
Maybe push the communications department to give you more access?
Anyways, The country will be in much better shape by july in my opinion and we will have more access.
Hopefully I can attend the UF game.
Posted On: Mar 11th 2021, 1:38 PM #401064

I'm not sure. Maybe if enough fans wrote in KINDLY, they'd be open to considering opening things up a bit more, especially with how much progress Florida is making on the vaccine front. The people who tweet in all caps cursing at the athletic department and tagging specific people who work in athletics don't help. (And those people exist, and they need to stop.)

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

The issue is college football wide and the NFL is putting "gag orders" on small details they can details reporters can tweet.

My issue is coaches around football think they are hiding the nuclear codes.

I agree with Rick on some of the hypocrisies of what comes out of camp.  

Yesterday it was put on social media by one of the players of scoring play at the goal line.

The interesting part is the play is that it came from the i-formation.

It is clear they are working on some pro-style packages to most likely help in short-yardage, where they struggled last year.

Now, this is something I would not be able to report, but it is frustrating to see players just post it anyways.

It also just does not matter.

Other teams knowing FAU is maybe is adding some pro packages that have been in football since almost that start of the game is not going to affect in the slightest whether they win or lose.  

Me getting out there to report to FAU fans that Johnny Ford is a game-changer or that Kobe Stewart is playing well only promotes the program.

Back to the top

Coach said he wants to see improvement from every facet of the offense, but mentioned that the line is one that may need to see the most going into the Fall. That said, he's been impressed by how the hogs on the line have reacted so far during Spring ball.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Very frustrating that they do not allow the only FAU media outlet to report on practices
Back to the top

Not much to see here, but passing along:

Back to the top

Would have loved to get some insight as to what was seen at the scrimmage. What do you think the chances are that they open the spring game to at least premium seat holders?
Back to the top
Control functions: