Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 QB Situation

A tweet like this is so open ended. I'm not a fan of Twitter.  Seems most of them have negative effects. Unless you are sharing detailed or a schedule or an update, keep your deepest thoughts to yourself. Seems they usually just dogs a hole.  I have no idea what Jr is saying in his tweet.
Back to the top

With only 4 QB’s currently on the team, I believe more will be added.
Generally FAU have carried 6 QB’s each year, although some could be called practice QB’s.
Back to the top

We’ll see on Saturday. I’ll be watching the QBs closely 
Back to the top

Local Owl said

A tweet like this is so open ended. I'm not a fan of Twitter.  Seems most of them have negative effects. Unless you are sharing detailed or a schedule or an update, keep your deepest thoughts to yourself. Seems they usually just dogs a hole.  I have no idea what Jr is saying in his tweet.
Posted On: Mar 25th 2021, 6:18 AM #401361

I wouldn’t make much of 19 year olds kids tweets. It could be a song lyric for all we know. 
Back to the top

Thirty years from now an old tweet can be used to punish you. Whether it's innocent or not. And like Lawowl, I will be watching one position.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Thirty years from now an old tweet can be used to punish you. Whether it's innocent or not. And like Lawowl, I will be watching one position.  
Posted On: Mar 25th 2021, 10:52 AM #401367

Who’s the guy you expect the most out of Local? For me it’s Tronti. Have to think with his maturity and chip on his shoulder after last year he wants to come in and light it up 
Back to the top

Let me start by saying I don't know Johnson Jr.  Tronti is our safe play. Smart, maneuverable enough, can make the throws he needs to make. But I wonder if he has peaked. I don't know. When I watched Posey last season I watched the best athlete on the field. But the arm was non existent. I've seen other schools take a kid like Posey and turn them into stars. I will be watching one thing, which one has the best arm.  College football today revolves around the QB  and you Must have a passing game. I don't want to see bombs. I want to see who can hit the quick slants,  the quick down and outs. The passes that set up the big plays. I think Nick can do that. We will see if Posey has been worki g on that.
Back to the top

We’re deep into the getting transfer QB’s part. It’s pretty pie in the sky thinking that there’s some pure passer we’ve been talking to. Who do you think gets more return phone calls from skilled transfer QB’s, Kiffin or Taggart. 
I don’t understand what that tweet means. Ok, there’s no Jr. added. But I don’t know what it means besides that Johnson Jr. wants everyone to know who he is. He also knows there’s the amazing American sprinter Michael Johnson with lots of Olympic gold medals.  

Back to the top

I'm think there is some info out there that folks are asked not to talk about yet. That's whgat my tea leafs  are telling me.
Back to the top

It’s definitely an interesting situation. Sure the Perry thing is probably at the top of the list, but if he plays 2 years here or even 1, sure it’s great pr and he’s capable of having a great year. But that might add to someone transferring out sooner than later. It seems sometimes like Tronti is the odd man out. But it’s really going to come down to Posey. I think he should move to WR, but if he wants to play QB he might not be the starter with Johnson Jr. and Taggart Jr. Judging by that tweet, it seems like Johnson Jr. expects to be a 3-4 year starter here. 
Back to the top
Control functions: