Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2022 FAU Football Preseason Camp

In regards to TE I think it is more important we see how the TE's are used in the O. Can't assume they need to catch 35 passes to be an important part of the O.
Back to the top

Did anything notable happen during the scrimmage yesterday. 
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Did anything notable happen during the scrimmage yesterday. 
Posted On: Aug 14th 2022, 1:22 PM #407685

Just checked the site and saw the scrimmage release. No highlights included. Just quotes from recent media availability sessions https://fausports.com/news/2022/8/13/football-owls-hold-situational-scrimmage.aspx

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Mums the word on scrimmages…

However Charlotte was supposed to have one that was open yesterday. Checked on their site again, and still nothing on that one either.

AND…Their last program release is from July 28th (17 days ago).

:Clown:

Back to the top

Love this guy's confidence. CMU transfer Daemon Hill:

"We've got goals in the room that we want to accomplish. I'm coming here to get the starting job. I want to have seven or more picks, so I can get to that next level where I need to be."
Back to the top

Coach Taggart headlined today's session, here is his opening which includes some commentary on the 2nd scrimmage held Saturday and a newly converted player to definitely keep an eye on at tight end:

Back to the top

DE Jaden Wheeler

Notable highlights from today's closed session, and the final Monday of preseason camp, via Katrina McCormack:

• Defensive back Michal Antoine, Jr. beat his receiver during one-on-one wide receiver/defensive back drills for an interception
  • Wide receiver Omari Hayes won his battle with a nice reception
  • During team drills quarterback N'Kosi Perry connected on several occasions with receiver Javion Posey, who continues to look more and more comfortable at the position
  • On one occasion, Posey had a nice catch and run for a big gain that drew praise
  • The Owls then worked team red zone
  • Between team sessions, the Owls continued to work on special teams, including working on the punt team backed up in the end zone
  • Defensive back Tyrell Jones recorded an interception and Teja Young had a pass breakup
  • Zuberi Mobley turned in a strong day displaying just how talented the running back room is, and he followed it up on the next play by punching it in from seven yards out

Back to the top

Rick said

…However Charlotte was supposed to have one that was open yesterday. Checked on their site again, and still nothing on that one either.

AND…Their last program release is from July 28th (17 days ago).

:Clown:
Posted On: Aug 14th 2022, 2:45 PM #407687

OK, so upon further review it is now reported that their scrimmage was also closed.

As far as the heir to the quarterback role for sure now, Austin Reed had this to offer:

“In my time, all I’ve ever judged myself on is how many wins I get. For me, that’s the most important thing. I’m going to throw it around the yard. I’m going to make a couple throws that you might clench your butthole when I make that throw."

Reed initially committed to Southern Illinois, but left after a redshirt year for West Florida. Like Bailey Zappe he lit it up at the lower level, although UWF is DII.

It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

Back to the top

Here's today's camp update video via OC Brent Dearmon, including what the Owls are working on this week:

Back to the top

With just six days until game week, the Owls are continuing on with install and also some further evaluation of remaining starter positions. One spot that will likely contain a platoon option given depth is that of wide receiver.

I asked Coach Dearmon about that today, and here is what he had to say:

Notable plays from today's action via SID Katrina McCormack:

• Quarterback T.J. Smith found wide receiver Kobe Stewart for a 45-yard score during the one-one-one receiver/defensive back drills, and then hit Jymetre Hester across the middle
  • Willie Taggart, Jr. hit Will Ford to end the one-on-one drill
  • The Owls moved into 7-on-7, where the defense shined earning three-consecutive pass breakups
  • A Johnson, Jr. connection with Tony Johnson broke up the streak
  • The Owls moved into team work, Taggart used his feet to move the chains
  • Michal Antoine, Jr. grabbed an interception and had a long return and was yards away from the end zone, when he was caught from behind by receiver BJ Alexander at the three
  • Quarterback Michael Johnson, Jr. found Hester 10 yards out, and the elusive receiver used his skills to avoid tackles to add another 20 yards
  • The defense swarmed to the ball, was prepared to gang tackle, but saw Teja Young strip the ball from the running back creating a turnover that fellow defender Jaleel McRae was able to cover
  • Zuberi Mobley's number was repeatedly called in the next team segment, not just for running, but also as a receiver. He had a nice catch in the open field only to take a bruising hit by Antoine, Jr.
  • Tyriq Starks was flushed from the pocket but found Stewart 40-yards out for a touchdown
  • Perry hit a wide open Tony Johnson 45-yards down field
  • Larry McCammon rushed for 10 to move the chains in a situational play
  • Taggart hit Hester for 10 and Starks found freshman "Ace" A'ceon Cobb for a score and followed it up with a Stewart connection
  • Glover Cook recorded an interception, Ford had another big run and Mobley ended practice with a rushing TD

Back to the top
Control functions: