Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2022 FAU Spring Football

FAU Fan said

Silver Bullet said

tough spot with Perry and MJJ…. winnable schedule pulls us to maintain the status quo…. but would like to get MJJ field time before it's his time to drive…. very tough spot….
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2022, 2:23 AM #407117

I would like to think we begin with a winnable schedule as well, but road games against Ohio University and Purdue, and a home game versus UCF could prove to be a difficult start to 2022.
Our road record has not been great.

Also, would like to know what Rick thinks about having only three QB in spring camp.
FAU has never entered spring, fall camp or season with less than four QB’s.
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2022, 6:34 AM #407118

Is it too late to consider Posey as a possible fourth string (emergency) QB?
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Is it too late to consider Posey as a possible fourth string (emergency) QB?
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2022, 9:04 AM #407119

with Posey's ability; there should be a package installed in the offense.

Back to the top

He is a viable 4th QB and I agree we REALLY need to vary and jumpstart this terrible O of last year.

7 of 12 games 17 points or less in today's football is just AWFUL, including all of the final 4 games we lost to CUSA D's to blow Bowl Eligibility!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

He is a viable 4th QB and I agree we REALLY need to vary and jumpstart this terrible O of last year.

7 of 12 games 17 points or less in today's football is just AWFUL, including all of the final 4 games we lost to CUSA D's to blow Bowl Eligibility!
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2022, 1:40 PM #407121
I’m still p*****d off about that Georgia!
Back to the top

ME TOO! NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

The Owls will hold a closed scrimmage tomorrow, here are some of Coach Taggarts quotables form today's session:

On looking forward to the team scrimmage

"The scrimmage we're going to do tomorrow will be a situational scrimmage, so we'll go out there, and our coaches have done a good job throughout spring ball as we led up to the scrimmage working through the plays with the players on understanding situations. We're trying to get our guys to where we're not just going out and just running the plays that we call but understanding why we call those plays within those situations so that we can execute at a high level. What we're trying to do is see which one of the guys can actually do that, who can go in those situations, execute at a high level consistently enough so we can be successful whether it's on offense or defense."

On consistency

"When you use that word around here, that word is used with all of us. We all want to be consistent in what we're doing. If we all do that, we'll see better results in what we're trying to get accomplished. That goes individually and as a football team, just being consistent in the things that we say we want to do and what we want to be and how we want to do those things."

On the new coordinators

"Each and every day is important that we learn and keep getting better and have a better understanding of each other. Our coordinators have done a great job of taking ownership on their side of the ball and you're seeing other assistants following and helping, and then when that happens you see the players start to do the same thing, so that's been good for us. It's just another step of the process going to the scrimmage and seeing how we go out and perform and then come back, grade the film and move on to the next practice, but it's just another step in the process.

Defensive Coordinator Todd Orlando

On players adjusting to the new defense

"Fundamentals, technique, playing really hard and playing physical. As long as we progress that way, we can teach them about the scheme. That's all we're looking for is to develop that culture and that identity that never fails you. The culture part is what we're working on the most."

On who has stood out at linebacker

Ed [Williams] has, he's been consistent, and he makes plays. There are some things we have to get better at, but he knows what they are, and he'll just continue to improve and impress. He's very quick. In terms of person, he is extremely bright. He's one of the brightest guys that I've ever coached."

Offensive Coordinator Brent Dearmon

On adjusting to a quick tempo offense

"I think guys are realizing the standard that we're holding them to. That's something new that's come around over the last couple of years around here. It was more of a huddle up. It's a little different. It took them a week to get used to it. It takes a week for your body to get used to running around in practice like that, but I think guys are buying in. They're also figuring out what they're supposed to do so they're playing with confidence. We just have to stay consistent. I think that's the word we talked about the last time [last Friday's media session]. We can't have a great day one day and then come out and what we call "lay an egg" in this business the next day. We just have to keep preaching consistency."

On what he has seen from wide receiver

"Those guys compete. The great thing about going tempo and going fast is you don't have much time to think about the mistake you just made. You have to line up and play the next play. Those guys are doing a really good job of competing, pushing each other. They're making some contested catches in traffic, I've been happy with those guys."
Back to the top

Here are the "Superlatives" via FAU from today's closed scrimmage:

• N'Kosi Perry started things off with a nice drive down the field, ending in a 1-yard touchdown pass caught by Jahmal Edrine
  • Toombs recorded one of the plays of the day on defense with an interception and long return
  • At the 32-yard line, Perry found Austin Evans in the end zone for a touchdown
  • Taggart, Jr. handed off the ball to Keyvon Walker for a rushing touchdown. Walker had two touchdowns on the day
  • With the ball put on the 10-yard line, Taggart, Jr. rushed for a touchdown, which was followed by a Perry rushing touchdown.
  • Perry would find the end zone for two more rushing touchdown later in the scrimmage
  • Michael Johnson, Jr. handed the ball off to Kelvin Dean, Jr., who found the endzone.
  • Johnson, Jr. would later find Tony Johnson for a touchdown pass down the middle of the field, as well as Je'Quan Burton
  • Jaylen Joyner delivered a huge sack for the defense
  • One of the best catches of the day came from Jymetre Hester, who laid out for the pass from Taggart, Jr.
Back to the top

Who is Keyvon Walker and where did he come from?
Is Nebraska transfer RB Marvin Scott enrolled now and in camp?
Back to the top

Walker was at FAU in 2020, then transferred to Tusculum. Now, he's back.

Scott is listed in the Spring Roster.
Back to the top

With Walker added to the RB room should we be on the look out for this up comer?
Back to the top
Control functions: