Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2023 FAU Football Roster Departures

Here are the 2023 FAU Football Roster departures as of today. Total of 17 players with 10 Defensive, 6 Offensive, and 1 Special Teams. The Owls will shift into summer workouts in June.

Back to the top

Going to miss Johnny Ford
Back to the top

The Tom Herman coached team will be more disciplined and will want to buy into his successful ways.
Not all wanted, could or did.
These departures open up a number of scholarships to other players who are here now or who want to come here from the portal.
Back to the top

Some of the 17 players above never made it to Spring Ball due to a number of factors.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Posted On: Apr 28th 2023, 10:39 PM #414243

Johnny Ford brought all the same problems he had at USF to FAU. Should have been on the team last year.
Back to the top

Owls2013 said

owlmart said

Posted On: Apr 28th 2023, 10:39 PM #414243

Johnny Ford brought all the same problems he had at USF to FAU. Should have been on the team last year.
Posted On: Apr 29th 2023, 10:48 AM #414252

Ford, Pettway, Schabert and Edrine are the only production not returning. Ford was good two years ago really didn’t do much last year and if I remember correctly, missed the first 5-6 games of the season . Like I’ve been saying all spring, this year is going to be all about getting Taggart’s culture out of the locker room. 6 wins and a bowl appearance is the ceiling but I’m not expecting that. Herman is going to need time to implement a winning culture. Taggart set us back more than people think.
Back to the top
Control functions: