Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2024 Florida Atlantic Football American Conference Schedule Revealed

Owls Host Army and South Florida, amongst others, at Schnellenberger Field

Read more

I see 5-7 at best. We’re trash.
Back to the top

No way…

FIU, UCONN, Wagner should all be wins.

That means we have 9 chances to earn 3 more.

If we can't at least do that and get to 6-6 they need to burn down the stadium.

7-5 most likely.

8-4 with some "major breaks" our way.
Back to the top

I have no clue how we will look or how any team we are playing looks. Welcome to college football in 2024
Back to the top

The only "advance training game" here is Michigan State. Everybody else is very winnable. Our schedule this year is very vanilla.
Back to the top

From what I have been told, we should definitely expect a better team defensively. And honestly, that is saying something. It will be the second year in a row with an increase in efficiency.

If just that were to happen with what we had last season, we win at least one more game where it cost us.

Pass rush should improve, secondary should improve. "Interior" line expectation needs to be seen.

Offensively its going to come down to how well the line performs, IMHO.

If they do, yes, we have lost LaJohntay but overall the WR offering is collectively much stronger. It will not be just one guy running around that has to take virtually all of the attempts.

Tucker, Young, Johnson, Henry…lots of options. Who will seize the opportunities?

TE we have Zeke maturing and hopefully Fin takes a step forward.

RB, I am still out but really like Terrell and we also have Mobley coming back to take on Larry's role in all likelihood.

Need to see some spring ball to shore up the expectations.
Back to the top

FAU "should" finish at 9-3 and "if" we still ha Kiffin I would expect nothing less. Coach Herman after last year needs to earn my trust. NO excuses for a 4-8 mark last year, NONE!!!!
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

The only "advance training game" here is Michigan State. Everybody else is very winnable. Our schedule this year is very vanilla.
Posted On: Feb 29th 2024, 8:57 PM #421819

Exactly!  This is the softest schedule we have had since maybe the sunbelt days when we first moved up.  I wish Kiffin had this schedule in this conference in this year, I am sure our 2017 year would be a playoff berth.  Every game is winnable, Michigan st. just hired a new coach and tbh they are beatable.

I feel 5-7 is likely, and 10-2 is the ceiling.   I am not surehow the Qb situation would play out, if we say had say a Robison for sure 10-2.  Herman needs this just as much as we do and I feel 7-5 is likely if the defense puts up a fight.
Back to the top

faufan300 said

NITE-OWL said

Posted On: Feb 29th 2024, 8:57 PM #421819
Exactly!  This is the softest schedule we have had since maybe the sunbelt days when we first moved up.  I wish Kiffin had this schedule in this conference in this year, I am sure our 2017 year would be a playoff berth.  Every game is winnable, Michigan st. just hired a new coach and tbh they are beatable.

I feel 5-7 is likely, and 10-2 is the ceiling.   I am not surehow the Qb situation would play out, if we say had say a Robison for sure 10-2.  Herman needs this just as much as we do and I feel 7-5 is likely if the defense puts up a fight.
Posted On: Mar 1st 2024, 1:22 PM #421832
Agree on the schedule, this is by far the best setup we've had in over a decade.

We SHOULD be favored in 10 games of the 12 games.  At Mich State and probably ECU would be the 2 we are not.  UTSA turns over most of their talent this year...should be a very getable game.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I agree and I like the schedule as well, but they play the games for a reason and we all know how FAU has done in the past few years with games we should have won.

Let’s sit back, grow some confidence and go into these games with our new found talent and hopefully come out ahead at the end of the game.

I only see us favored in 6, maybe 7 of the games.
What do I know.
Back to the top
Control functions: