Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BREAKING: Tom Herman To FAU

TL;DR: Love this hire, and think it’s going to reinvigorate the fanbase. 

Now for some substance:

This was my personal checklist for what I wanted in the next HC. 

“PLEASE AVOID RETREADS, no history of either legal issues or behavioral red flags as a coach. Head coaching history not required. Experience recruiting South Florida (Orlando and south) and experience with portal. Ideally head coach will be between 35-45 and is willing to stick around for several years.”

Herman is a retread but not in the sense that he was fresh off being fired or had been fired in 2021 and spent this year as a coordinator or position coach. He’s had two years away from coaching, one as an analyst and one in media. All good. 

His recruiting history is impressive, and let’s not pretend he was a complete disaster at Texas. We would all kill for four straight years with a bowl win AND a winning record. 

He gets check marks on the rest. And if he’s here for three years, that counts as several years in my book. But obviously that’s too early to tell. 

I don’t love doing on-paper grading. It’s why I’m glad I left traditional journalism and sports writing behind. There are people out there who probably gave the Jets an A+ for drafting Zach Wilson. 🤬

But I’m excited! 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I don't even think we had this much consensus on Lane. Love the hire. Cant wait to see the numbers
Back to the top

Amazing hire, probably the most excited I am about FAU football in years
Back to the top

I hope Tom Herman keeps Todd Orlando as the DC and they are able to convince anyone thinking of transferring not to enter the transfer portal in anticipation of NIL money.
This is a big time hire and Brian White should be recognized properly.
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

I hope Tom Herman keeps Todd Orlando as the DC and they are able to convince anyone thinking of transferring not to enter the transfer portal in anticipation of NIL money.
Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 7:22 PM #411017

IDK im not the biggest fan of Todd Orlando.
Back to the top

I’m a really big fan of this hire. I thought Herman would be getting P5 offers. I’d rather have Herman than Hugh Freeze honestly. I want to see more details I can’t believe this is legit. 
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

FAU Fan said

Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 7:27 PM #411018

That was the worst defense I have seen here since 2018. I just did not like it
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

I’m a really big fan of this hire. I thought Herman would be getting P5 offers. I’d rather have Herman than Hugh Freeze honestly. I want to see more details I can’t believe this is legit. 
Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 7:57 PM #411019

Same great hire all around 
Back to the top

axaltaracing24 said

faufan2017 said

FAU Fan said

Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 7:27 PM #411018

That was the worst defense I have seen here since 2018. I just did not like it
Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 7:58 PM #411020

I think our D did under perform a few games but they also won us a few games. Let's not forget how inept our offense was the last few years.

Mr Herman - Make sure you bring a QB or 2 with you. You're gonna need it!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

I’m just glad we don’t have to watch N’Kosi Perry anymore. 

Daniel Parr > N’Kosi Perry
Back to the top