Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BREAKING: Tom Herman To FAU

Nobody giving our signee Luke a chance? Or Michael Johnson Jr? Hearing he will be here…

Back to the top

Rick said

Nobody giving our signee Luke a chance? Or Michael Johnson Jr? Hearing he will be here…

Posted On: Dec 1st 2022, 9:46 PM #411024

They deserve a chance but gotta bring in a transfer to compete. We saw what what happened this year sticking to the status quo 
Back to the top

I imagine Orlando and most of the D coaches will be held (but Woodie is making $400,000 [I know he has other titles/responsibilities] to coach half a room??). And Warinner. My only complaint is the looming transfer opening and early signing, while our new coach hasn't been working the college ropes for the last two years. Beyond immediate-immediacy (and I'm sure they've already got a plan working for the now-now), I'm very happy with this hire. Gold Star.
Back to the top

Speaking of QB's one of UT's has entered the portal. Was he recruited by Herman……? Doubt he ends up here but you never know….

Sources - Texas QB Hudson Card to enter NCAA transfer portal

Go Owls!
Back to the top

I think he's gonna bring in a transfer for sure…. he actually a decent Cali recruiter too….

this is a huge hire for FAU…. probably in the works for several weeks….a high powered offense with the skill players you can get in FL could be dynamite….

hopefully FAU protected itself with a respectable buyout…. the gamble is it could be 1 year or could be 3-5 years …. but at least next year just got some juice

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver Bullet said

I think he's gonna bring in a transfer for sure…. he actually a decent Cali recruiter too….

this is a huge hire for FAU…. probably in the works for several weeks….a high powered offense with the skill players you can get in FL could be dynamite….

hopefully FAU protected itself with a respectable buyout…. the gamble is it could be 1 year or could be 3-5 years …. but at least next year just got some juice
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2022, 12:10 AM #411028

If Herman Highway is here for 1 year, then that means we had at least 10 wins or so. I will gladly take that.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

If Herman is here for 1 year; give me 10+ wins, a conference championship and a top 25 ranking at least for few weeks.
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Silver Bullet said

Posted On: Dec 2nd 2022, 12:10 AM #411028

If Herman Highway is here for 1 year, then that means we had at least 10 wins or so. I will gladly take that.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2022, 7:41 AM #411029

I was thinking the Herman Heli, kind of like the Lane Train or the Thanos Copter. 

https://twitter.com/vis_viva/status/1588967326258728963?s=46&t=x687PQg1ZJImJBUMOnz2Gg

BTW, sounds like Warriner is staying. 

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1598673086991069185?s=46&t=x687PQg1ZJImJBUMOnz2Gg

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I’m really excited about this hire as much as I was when we hired Lane. I agree, if Herman is here for 1 year, then that means we have 10-11 wins, possibly a American Championship (hopefully we can get permanent championship banners that look great) and finally a Top 25 ranking. Go Owls!!! 
Back to the top

Let's pump the brakes on winning the AAC in year 1.

We dont have a single QB on the current roster with any meaningful experience.

Tom is getting handed a fairly talented team.  But this roster aint the roster Lane got handed.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top