Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Charlotte (& other opponents') Forums?

Anyways,
Rick; thanks for all you do. I only get my FAU football news from here.
How many members does the forum have?
Back to the top

I know for myself personally I am having a really tough time garnering up any excitement for the upcoming season. I believe it’s really due to two reasons:

1. The ever changing landscape of college football. Just not the same what we grew up with. Has nothing to do with NIL money. Players have long deserved to receive a piece of the pie, but more so the conference realignment and shifting. Maybe it will go out the window for me once the season starts and it’ll still become college football to me again. 

2. Is I have zero faith in Taggart turning this thing around. So the disappointing seasons back to back have definitely wore on me.
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

Anyways,
Rick; thanks for all you do. I only get my FAU football news from here.
How many members does the forum have?

Posted On: Aug 11th 2022, 8:38 PM #407660

"Officially" 2,054…

But that is a bit in need of some clean up  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

This where I come for my FAU news. Nobody better and more consistent than Rick. I think what's missing is forums in general aren't as popular, so when the older members stop posting, there's nobody to replace them. Also, I just don't get the sense students are as passionate about the program and take it for granted. I'm willing to bet most (if not all) of the people that post were around for the Lockhart days.
Back to the top

owlmart said

This where I come for my FAU news. Nobody better and more consistent than Rick. I think what's missing is forums in general aren't as popular, so when the older members stop posting, there's nobody to replace them. Also, I just don't get the sense students are as passionate about the program and take it for granted. I'm willing to bet most (if not all) of the people that post were around for the Lockhart days.
Posted On: Aug 11th 2022, 10:36 PM #407665

This is the first season since Lane's announcement I don't sense any viable buzz around the program. I am not in SoFla, so can't say as having boots on the ground – but it's sad given our imminent transition to the AAC. To me it's simply how mediocre the team has been the past two years. And while SMU was great, this program still really needs that signature win.

Back to the top

d-owl said

owlmart said

This is the first season since Lane's announcement I don't sense any viable buzz around the program. I am not in SoFla, so can't say as having boots on the ground – but it's sad given our imminent transition to the AAC. To me it's simply how mediocre the team has been the past two years. And while SMU was great, this program still really needs that signature win.

Posted On: Aug 12th 2022, 1:58 AM #407666

Gotta say it a little harder to get excited with back-to-back season collapses, and all against CUSA foes, not the Power5 types.

Willie has to start decent again and follow though this time to prove himself and I sure hope he does.

I will always say Go Owls though!!!!
Back to the top

To me, this FAU teams looks like one of the best teams on paper in the history of the program. I am talking about the level and amount of talent on the roster. More guys on the roster with P5 experience, including the quarterback. I know what matters is how the team performs and the results. But going into a season I think the roster looks solid. The motivation from the team and the coaches is there. Willie needs to win or I am afraid it will be his last dance as a head coach. 
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

d-owl said

owlmart said

Posted On: Aug 12th 2022, 1:58 AM #407666

Gotta say it a little harder to get excited with back-to-back season collapses, and all against CUSA foes, not the Power5 types.

Willie has to start decent again and follow though this time to prove himself and I sure hope he does.

I will always say Go Owls though!!!!
Posted On: Aug 12th 2022, 7:23 AM #407667

I wanted Willie fired after that pitiful display against MTSU in the season finale last year. Still PO’d about that one. Just don’t see how he comes back from that. It all comes down to Kosi 
Back to the top

PlayLikeChamps said

To me, this FAU teams looks like one of the best teams on paper in the history of the program. I am talking about the level and amount of talent on the roster. More guys on the roster with P5 experience, including the quarterback. I know what matters is how the team performs and the results. But going into a season I think the roster looks solid. The motivation from the team and the coaches is there. Willie needs to win or I am afraid it will be his last dance as a head coach. 
Posted On: Aug 12th 2022, 2:38 PM #407670

100%.
Back to the top

Me and my 20 or so tailgate and season ticket holder group could not be more excited for this season. BRING IT ON!!!!!!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: