Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Leavitt leaving for SMU

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Roscoeowl said

Smh.  Well, Looks like Marshall was smart with their timing of poaching Guidry.  Very Disappointing to lose a great coach like Leavitt, especially to another G5 program.  
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 9:12 AM #400207

SMU has deep pockets. I am sure there is a pay upgrade.

This will be 6th DC in as many years.

Good news we have a ton of seniors returning.

Experience will help any new DC.

Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 10:01 AM #400211

Yes I know the history and background of smu and the huge difference in financial support between us and them.  Was  hoping Jim would settle into Boca and create some longevity on that side of the ball for us for once.  Leavitts getting to old to continue being a Nomad coach.  Lol.  
Back to the top

We bragged a lot about fsu paying Taggart a lot of his salary.    That was a huge red flag with me saying that we don't have the money to get the best hires.  

Now we lost a great dc to another g5. Another bad sign

And yes it is bad timing to have marshall take a guy who could have got a promotion

Watch Taggart promote woodie to dc and hire another former assistant to take his spot
Back to the top

We need an experienced DC I hope we don’t go back to hiring the Tony Pecaros and Roc Ballantonis of the world
Back to the top

This is a huge loss for the program, especially with the solid players we are expecting to return.  I agree, I hope we hire an experienced DC.  Let’s hope we find a solid hire like we found Spencer. 
Back to the top

This worries me. I think we will find out a lot about Taggart next year.
Back to the top

This suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Did Keith Heyward already take that job at Cal?
Back to the top

If you don’t promote kevin patrick you run the risk of him leaving as well. His salary is not that big. Smu could probably double it.
Back to the top

Defense is immensely talented. It’s more about these players than it is the coach. They’ve performed great the past few years under different DCs.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Defense is immensely talented. It’s more about these players than it is the coach. They’ve performed great the past few years under different DCs.
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 1:47 PM #400230

I agree! Glenn spencer is the brunt of a running joke at oklahoma state but he came here and did well. We are loaded on defense! 
Back to the top
Control functions: