Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Conferences Who Have Cancelled 2020 Football Season - Who's Next?

Maybe I'm crazy, but i have zero fear of this. I have a totally different  opinion . My education is a B.S. in bio chemistry . So im not ignorant of the facts. Im simply not buying the media hype. Who knows, maybe I'll catch it and die tomorrow.  But I'll bet against that.
Back to the top

Maybe not weak. But definitely more manipulated. As for union busting, if an employee is too afraid to do their job, stay home . But without pay. Good thing grocery clerks aren't afraid or we would all starve.
Back to the top

No. I changed my mind. We are weaker.
Back to the top

MAC and MWC are both canceling season.  Looks like no FB for a lot of teams.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Maybe I'm crazy, but i have zero fear of this. I have a totally different  opinion . My education is a B.S. in bio chemistry . So im not ignorant of the facts. Im simply not buying the media hype. Who knows, maybe I'll catch it and die tomorrow.  But I'll bet against that.
Posted On: Aug 10th 2020, 7:45 PM #395652

I'm guessing you don't know anyone who has died or has had a hard time with this virus. Be thankful for that, and have some empathy for those that aren't as lucky

Back to the top

I have tons of empathy.  And I feel for everyone that has had a hard time. But I have a different opinion on quarantining ( shutting down) the healthy people. This is the first illness where we didn't quarantine the Ill . Just my opinion. We haven't even begun to see the end results of this shut down. It will be far reaching  . I choose to live my life as normal as possible. I hold no one liable for my actions.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Maybe not weak. But definitely more manipulated. As for union busting, if an employee is too afraid to do their job, stay home . But without pay. Good thing grocery clerks aren't afraid or we would all starve.
Posted On: Aug 10th 2020, 7:50 PM #395653

It is not about being afraid. For many, it's about having to work.

Like many Americans, they are one missed paycheck away from falling behind.

So even if elderly with a possible pre-existing condition a Publix clerk has to take that risk or they might not make rent or utilities.  

This is why low-income citizens have been hit the hardest with death rates.

As for college football; the conferences do not want to go down the road of starting to give players employee rights.

Like having to negotiate a bubble scenario or health care coverage if any long term issues happen to do to a player contracting it.   

Back to the top

Wow - BYU has now lost 9 of their 12 scheduled games! Book 'em quick - HERE!!!!!
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Aug 10th 2020, 7:50 PM #395653

It is not about being afraid. For many, it's about having to work.

Like many Americans, they are one missed paycheck away from falling behind.

So even if elderly with a possible pre-existing condition a Publix clerk has to take that risk or they might not make rent or utilities.  

This is why low-income citizens have been hit the hardest with death rates.

As for college football; the conferences do not want to go down the road of starting to give players employee rights.

Like having to negotiate a bubble scenario or health care coverage if any long term issues happen to do to a player contracting it.   

Posted On: Aug 11th 2020, 7:03 AM #395659

Shane - I get your point however the death rates has more to do with population density than income level. Granted income level is a variable of population density but not a deciding factor. NYC had a death rate of 208 per 100,000 people. Obviously the highest death rate due to the nursing home fiasco.

What's the NCAA guidelines for student athletes when it comes to healthcare and insurance policies? Can the universities provide free of cost?

Back to the top

Nursing homes and assisted living facilities account for half the national deaths. The other half comes from the other 360 million Americans.
Back to the top
Control functions: