Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Conferences Who Have Cancelled 2020 Football Season - Who's Next?

Well as of now, it looks like the north and west has bailed on football. Looks like the state's from Texas to the Atlantic. And from the gulf to Kentucky  are still trying to put something on the field. I guess we'll know when a decision is finally made. Ps, I saw a Lou Holtz  clip. Priceless.
Back to the top

Both the Big10 and PAC12 had cancelled their OOC schedules and the fact they they WRE going to legally still have to pay the cancelled opponents PLUS damages was a factor. Can't claim "act of GOD" in advance and then reschedule other games!
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Local Owl said

Maybe not weak. But definitely more manipulated. As for union busting, if an employee is too afraid to do their job, stay home . But without pay. Good thing grocery clerks aren't afraid or we would all starve.
Posted On: Aug 10th 2020, 7:50 PM #395653

It is not about being afraid. For many, it's about having to work.

Like many Americans, they are one missed paycheck away from falling behind.

So even if elderly with a possible pre-existing condition a Publix clerk has to take that risk or they might not make rent or utilities.  

This is why low-income citizens have been hit the hardest with death rates.

As for college football; the conferences do not want to go down the road of starting to give players employee rights.

Like having to negotiate a bubble scenario or health care coverage if any long term issues happen to do to a player contracting it.   

Posted On: Aug 11th 2020, 7:03 AM #395659

OC40 has become the voice of sanity,calm reflection and reason. I did  not have THAT in my  2020 Bingo card.

Back to the top

If CUSA plays they better have a G5 spot in the playoff  THIS year.
Back to the top

voss749 said

If CUSA plays they better have a G5 spot in the playoff  THIS year.
Posted On: Aug 12th 2020, 12:44 PM #395681

We won't. That would not change if it was just us and the SEC.

They sooner let a 3-7 UK in before us.

Also, I honestly do not think any decisions are going to matter until students arrive on campus.

Whatever schools are still left hanging will be left with outbreaks.

An entire high school in Georgia was closed after being open just a few days.

What do you think will happen on a college campus……..?
Back to the top

I’ll put it this way. If someone ran the table with our 2019 schedule, then they would have a gripe. Two top 25 teams and a playoff team. Anything short of that and there’s no argument. 

This talking about having a G5 in the playoff reminds me of basketball leagues as a kid when the worst kid has to play a certain amount. There shouldn’t be an automatic G5 team in even an 8 team playoff. But, they should be welcomed if they ran the table with our 2018 and 2019 schedule. The team would need to knock off a powerhouse at their place to even have that discussion. It’s moot with UCF’s schedule for the foreseeable future. I wait I forgot the Stanford dynasty. 
Back to the top
Control functions: