Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2019 Fall Camp - Discussion, Hopes, Predictions

With Freshman WR Eyin Cole now out for the season, expect Tampa Robinson product Chris Herring to throw his hat in race to make the WR two-deep.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Here is 6'4" Brandon Robinson making plays that we need a 6'4" WR to make. What a catch!

Back to the top

Sophomore Dalton Hustad is back n the team…

Back to the top

Wideout Rahsann Lewis catching a pass from QB Nick Tronti…

Back to the top

Chris Robison hitting BJ Emmons…

Back to the top

Leighton McCarthy using his hands in a pass rushing drill…

Back to the top

The boys are back at it again for Day 13 of Fall Camp, and so is our RyaN Rubloff1

Here's the Owl Slayer himself, Brent Stockstill coaching about Javion Posey. IDK, I still think this is weird.

Back to the top

If you watched this week's Inside the Burrow episode, you know about our concern for the lack of a deep threat. John Mitchell looks like the most likely target for that void, but he'll have to stay injury free.

Back to the top

The deep threat problem is a huge issue which of course is part of the overall wr issues. It’s not so much deep timing passes as having tall physical guys that’ll out fight the db’s for the ball like Woods did in ‘17. I don’t know that we have a guy like that on the roster, which is why it’s so important to be reaching for P5 transfers that didn’t get the starting job as well as high school kids. As much as it’s great we get talented running backs this class, getting physical tall receivers is a game changer that can help the win loss record more than rb’s can. 
One final point. Without receivers, it may be possible that Robison can’t be effective, because no qb can. And if Robison has numbers like last year he will get blamed for not progressing. Whatever Robison’s “freshman” mistakes were, he still would’ve put up good numbers with receivers. The receivers couldn’t catch last year. How about we stop blaming Robison and start looking elsewhere 
Back to the top

I am sorry but every long pass "completion" shown in these videos (which I do like and appreciate!) , the WR has to slow and wait for the ball meaning when these passes are defended they WILL have to battle for the ball and or stop an underthrown interception. LEAD the receivers better QB's!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: