Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2019 Fall Camp - Discussion, Hopes, Predictions

jgf2017 said

Now Mitchell has a shoulder injury. I want a totally new starting receivers. Posey the guy from USF and whoever else has potential. I’ll also add that if the slot receiver isn’t getting the job done, give the next man up some playing time. I wouldn’t mind seeing Cousart as the starter. He fielded punts so he must be sure handed. If Robison doesn’t have even 1 receiver he can trust, things aren’t going to go great this year. The whole depth chart should get be different. We know the guys that played last year can’t get it done 
Posted On: Aug 21st 2019, 10:43 AM #387667

We don’t know the status of Mitchell’s shoulder and could be back by OSU. He has had a great camp. 

You also don’t just change everyone just to make a change. This isn’t NCAA 14’. 
You have camp and guys earn playing time and develop. The guys who start vs OSU are the guys who are best for the team that day.
Also expect some guys to emerge as the season goes on as some of the younger WR and newer guys develop. We have no idea if the guys who were here last year “can’t get it done.” We have to let the season play out.
Back to the top

I was reading an article about the osu game and the line was actually only 27 which was surprising. Anyways, they talked about how our season is dependent on Robison developing. It makes no mention of the receiving core which was probably one of the worst in the country. It’s possible we had the worst receivers in the country last year. Anyways, it’s all about the receivers. They might not be able to catch again and Robison will get all the blame again. It’s time for at least one receiver to step up and help him out, even if it’s someone like Cousart who’s probably sure handed since he was our 1 return guy
Back to the top

NEWSFLASH: Harrison Bryant is really good.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I was reading an article about the osu game and the line was actually only 27 which was surprising. Anyways, they talked about how our season is dependent on Robison developing. It makes no mention of the receiving core which was probably one of the worst in the country. It’s possible we had the worst receivers in the country last year. Anyways, it’s all about the receivers. They might not be able to catch again and Robison will get all the blame again. It’s time for at least one receiver to step up and help him out, even if it’s someone like Cousart who’s probably sure handed since he was our 1 return guy
Posted On: Aug 21st 2019, 11:42 AM #387669
Our wide receiving is core is no where near the bottom of the country and when you factor tight ends we have plenty to compete in C-USA.

Mitchell stays healthy he will have a big year. 

Also, being a punt returner has 0.0 to do with how good of a receiver you are. 
Back to the top

I will take Shanes evaluation of our team over someone  that is just  giving opinion. Im very proud of Shane.  Your evolution is nice to see. Keep it up. Your good at what you are doing.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I will take Shanes evaluation of our team over someone  that is just  giving opinion. Im very proud of Shane.  Your evolution is nice to see. Keep it up. Your good at what you are doing.  
Posted On: Aug 21st 2019, 12:44 PM #387673

My evaluation is by no means "expert.'' I just understand you can not make extreme judgments in mid August.

I know there are issues with depth, but as we talk about at length on the inside the burrow podcast(Go listen! It just dropped.), there is enough talent to be a solid C-USA.

When you factor having a solid pass-catching tight end/H back in John Raine and a monster in Harrison Bryant we should have a good enough passing game to complement our running game.

When anyone says "worst in the country" when you have not seen the unit play it takes away all credibility.

Football is not black and white like; "Chris will be bad because receivers are bad."

Chris has the talent to elevate an average receiving core.
Back to the top

I said last season's receiving corps could have been the worst in the country, not this years. Credibility? You have credibility? You and Jake aren't even allowed to criticize anyone or give an honest evaluation of anyone's play unless its positive. I'll take my analysis regarding who's good and that sort of stuff. Remember we had a deal? You guys don't hurt people's little precious feelings by saying everyone's awesome. Someone could be horrible and you'd call him good…..Wait, that's actually happened. You have absolutely no credibility and are partial to the players. We had a deal that you and Jake don't know what you're talking about and I tell it like it is remember?
Here are some of the things he’s said:
In 2018 our RG filled a void 
Our 2019 Center is our most important player
A receiving corps that can’t stay healthy will automatically be healthy, and by the way worst case scenario they’ll be average and it’ll all be Robisons fault if the passing game doesn’t work. Meanwhile ur future 1,000 yard receiver may not even play this year
Back to the top

Agree man.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Football is not black and white like; "Chris will be bad because receivers are bad."

Chris has the talent to elevate an average receiving core.
Posted On: Aug 21st 2019, 4:55 PM #387679

Couldn't have said it any better.

Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I said last season's receiving corps could have been the worst in the country, not this years. Credibility? You have credibility? You and Jake aren't even allowed to criticize anyone or give an honest evaluation of anyone's play unless its positive. I'll take my analysis regarding who's good and that sort of stuff. Remember we had a deal? You guys don't hurt people's little precious feelings by saying everyone's awesome. Someone could be horrible and you'd call him good…..Wait, that's actually happened. You have absolutely no credibility and are partial to the players. We had a deal that you and Jake don't know what you're talking about and I tell it like it is remember?
Here are some of the things he’s said:
In 2018 our RG filled a void 
Our 2019 Center is our most important player
A receiving corps that can’t stay healthy will automatically be healthy, and by the way worst case scenario they’ll be average and it’ll all be Robisons fault if the passing game doesn’t work. Meanwhile ur future 1,000 yard receiver may not even play this year
Posted On: Aug 21st 2019, 7:52 PM #387680

I don’t think it’s my objectiveness that makes me lose credibility. Honestly I feel like I lost my credibility the second I said Bud Light is good. Why won’t Twitter let me enjoy my cold, domestic American beer? People say Bud Light is water. Monte Kiffin drinks Bud Light. Are we going to say one of the greatest defensive minds ever drinks water for alcohol? I shan’t stand for such slander on my Bud Light. 

Now Shane, Shane loses credibility among FAU fans because he said on a podcast he was rooting for FIU. Which is worse: supporting FIU, or Bud Light?

Point being, I just went on a tangent about domestic beer. You went on a tangent because you think I don’t rip players enough  

Neither the ripping nor the beer tangents seem worth it. Even though I love my Bud Light. We’re all here for the same reason: we care about FAU in different ways.   

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: