Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU better have people working on moving conferences...

New rumor has Marshall, Old Dominion and Southern Miss moving to the Sun Belt along with fcs call up James Madison

This would take cusa down to 11 teams

South Florida could block us from the AAC so what if they take 4 more including UAB and rice and Charlotte ?

We could be left in a 7 team league in the end with fiu, wku, middle Tennessee and Texas leftovers which would be a mess

Do we have anyone working on this ??  I'm worried we will be so amateur that we can't handle this.   And with football success , market , etc we shouldn't be worrying.  .

Worried the horrible basketball facilities and program along with fan support not being great are going to leave us in the worst fbs conference in the end
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

New rumor has Marshall, Old Dominion and Southern Miss moving to the Sun Belt along with fcs call up James Madison

South Florida could block us from the AAC so what if they take 4 more including UAB and rice and Charlotte ?

We could be left in a 7 team league in the end with fiu, wku, middle Tennessee and Texas leftovers which would be a mess

Do we have anyone working on this ??  I'm worried we will be so amateur that we can't handle this.   And with football success , market , etc we shouldn't be worrying.  .

Worried the horrible basketball facilities and program along with fan support not being great are going to leave us in the worst fbs conference in the end
Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 7:17 AM #403309

I don’t see why USF would block us from joining the AAC. My hope is that we along with UAB and maybe ULL and CCU from the SBC would get call ups that would give the AAC the most recent conference champions in each league 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

SeminOwl28 said

I don’t see why USF would block us from joining the AAC. My hope is that we along with UAB and maybe ULL and CCU from the SBC would get call ups that would give the AAC the most recent conference champions in each league 
Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 7:55 AM #403311

South Florida is a coward school. They tried to block UCF from the American before and then got passed by them.  They don't want it to happen again

I would love to join UAB and then hopefully either marshall or Charlotte in the AAC, but I fear USF blocks us

We have to have backup plans and be smart.   I worry about our leadership doing this.  For example, why the heck wouldn't we be in that sun belt instead of James Madison if the AAC invite doesn't come ?

I'd rather be with Marshall , ODU, App state , coastal Carolina and the 2 Georgia schools in a 14 team conference than be left with just wku, fiu and middle Tennessee in the east with 7 teams total ..
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

I'd rather be with Marshall , ODU, App state , coastal Carolina and the 2 Georgia schools in a 14 team conference than be left with just wku, fiu and middle Tennessee in the east with 7 teams total ..
Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 8:01 AM #403312

Did someone call?

Back to the top

DUH Commish said

SeminOwl28 said

Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 8:01 AM #403312

Did someone call?

Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 9:24 AM #403313

Which is why we better have people working on this …she's taken the league to the point of extinction.

If we don't get in the AAC or sun belt, we could be a leftover trying to get 3 call up fcs schools just to get a conference going ..
Back to the top

So worst case we’re probably calling up who? Maybe we just have a 8 team conference 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

So worst case we’re probably calling up who? Maybe we just have a 8 team conference 
Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 1:00 PM #403317

Would be the worst conference in fbs so that is the worst case
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 1:00 PM #403317

Would be the worst conference in fbs so that is the worst case
Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 1:15 PM #403320

I mean we’re already there 
Back to the top

I have a lot more faith in school leadership than the last time this happened. No worries just yet.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Think this is spot on – football wise with facilities we make sense, except for the fan support. That and non-football program/facilities will knock us down. However, if we can sell them on potential and they see the value in two Florida schools, guess there is a chance.

Back to the top
Control functions: