Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU better have people working on moving conferences...

d-owl said

SeminOwl28 said

Worried the horrible basketball facilities and program along with fan support not being great are going to leave us in the worst fbs conference in the end
Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 7:17 AM #403309

Think this is spot on – football wise with facilities we make sense, except for the fan support. That and non-football program/facilities will knock us down. However, if we can sell them on potential and they see the value in two Florida schools, guess there is a chance.

Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 6:21 PM #403325

On the flip side all of the real competition leaves and we’re definitely  the big fish in the smallest of FBS ponds 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

d-owl said

SeminOwl28 said

Worried the horrible basketball facilities and program along with fan support not being great are going to leave us in the worst fbs conference in the end

Think this is spot on – football wise with facilities we make sense, except for the fan support. That and non-football program/facilities will knock us down. However, if we can sell them on potential and they see the value in two Florida schools, guess there is a chance.

On the flip side all of the real competition leaves and we’re definitely  the big fish in the smallest of FBS ponds 
Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 6:25 PM #403326

Nobody is going to care if we stomp the 7 dwarfs on Facebook or stadium.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 6:17 AM #403309

Why don't they drive some stakes in the ground, stretch some flagging tape between them, pour some chalk lines in various places and for the next 10 years tell guests and recruits this is where the new auditorium will go. It worked for the football stadium.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

LawOwl said

d-owl said

SeminOwl28 said

Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 7:04 PM #403328

Lol 7 dwarfs. I’m not saying this is the ideal scenario. It’s not. Ideally we’re called up to the AAC but let’s be realistic. Are we really THAT attractive of a draw for what the AAC expects? I don’t know. Which is why I’m saying we might have to get used to being the kings of C-USA
Back to the top

LawOwl said

SeminOwl28 said

LawOwl said

d-owl said

SeminOwl28 said

Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 7:04 PM #403328

Lol 7 dwarfs. I’m not saying this is the ideal scenario. It’s not. Ideally we’re called up to the AAC but let’s be realistic. Are we really THAT attractive of a draw for what the AAC expects? I don’t know. Which is why I’m saying we might have to get used to being the kings of C-USA
Posted On: Sep 13th 2021, 8:41 PM #403331

S. Fl market to be a pair w/ USF, S. Fl recruiting area, S. Fl media market to replace Orlando….. the usual positives. W are favored in some projections.
Back to the top

I am optimistic that our leadership are making the calls, Brian is speaking with AAC AD’s and the Commissioner, President Kelly with AAC University Presidents and so on. There is a reason why we announced all these recent donations to Athletics, future renovations to the baseball facilities, the new locker rooms going up at burrow and others. We can sell the AAC on the potential we have. If we get in, our attendance will hopefully improve with better teams coming to town. All we can do now is to invite our family, friends to come out and have butts in the seats for the rest of what looks like a promising season. Let’s all do our part and hope for an invite in the next few weeks. Go Owls 🦉 👌🏽!!! 
Back to the top

FAU 05 said

I am optimistic that our leadership are making the calls, Brian is speaking with AAC AD’s and the Commissioner, President Kelly with AAC University Presidents and so on. There is a reason why we announced all these recent donations to Athletics, future renovations to the baseball facilities, the new locker rooms going up at burrow and others.

Great points, makes sense and seems to indicate they are doing what they can.
Back to the top

Here is an article regarding the AAC expansion candidates from CUSA

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2021/9/14/22667800/conference-usa-roundtable-expansion-candidates-and-targets-big12-aac-cfb-college-football-cusa

Overwhelmingly FAU and UAB to these folks!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2021/9/14/22667800/conference-usa-roundtable-expansion-candidates-and-targets-big12-aac-cfb-college-football-cusa

Posted On: Sep 15th 2021, 7:47 AM #403346

Written from a cusa point of view where we've combined for the last 4 football titles so I'm not surprised

My worry is our baseball and especially basketball facilities are garbage.   I've seen high school gyms better than our basketball arena.  

There has to be progress made to fix this and a one million dollar gift for baseball alone won't do that .   Fan support is another concern but facilities are the biggest thing that will be at fault if we are left behind with the leftovers
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Sep 15th 2021, 7:47 AM #403346

Written from a cusa point of view where we've combined for the last 4 football titles so I'm not surprised

My worry is our baseball and especially basketball facilities are garbage.   I've seen high school gyms better than our basketball arena.  

There has to be progress made to fix this and a one million dollar gift for baseball alone won't do that .   Fan support is another concern but facilities are the biggest thing that will be at fault if we are left behind with the leftovers
Posted On: Sep 15th 2021, 8:42 AM #403348

maybe we can work out some sort of deal where getting in is contingent on upgrading the non football facilities are within 5 years or so. idk just thinking outside the box. we can also keep the Shula Bowl annual for OUR body bag game 🤣🤣🤣
Back to the top
Control functions: