Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU better have people working on moving conferences...

FAU Fan said

DeltAlumnus, the fear is real.
I believe we have the right people in place to be proactive.
If the AAC takes UAB and teams from out west and Marshall, Old Dominion and Southern Miss leave for the Sun Belt, FAU and C-USA are in a heap of trouble.
Posted On: Sep 18th 2021, 10:18 AM #403389

I agree. Potentially being back in the FCS type of trouble. However, I’m confident that we can get this done. I just don’t see the benefit of these Mountain West schools jumping for the AAC when they basically have the same TV deal and less travel expenses to deal with. They might entice a team or two like Air Force or Colorado State but that would leave UAB and us as the next best two. I don’t think UTSA gets selected before we do. We have better facilities and more on field success. I you go back to 2013, we’re 4-3 against current AAC members in that time frame. We can compete in this league 
Back to the top

If CUSa loses marshall and UAB they might add James Madison to lure ODU into staying. Replace Southern Miss
with Georgia Southern so that CUSA east becomes a more coastal conference. Replace UAB with South Alabama.
Back to the top

Boise also already turned them down previously, so...
Back to the top

We aren't helping ourselves with crappy performances like tonight vs Fordham ..

Air force and Colorado state to the AAC would lessen our chances.  UAB would still be in but it leaves one sport.   They could very well get another mwc team or utsa to get even more out west.  Or Army could be a target too
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

We aren't helping ourselves with crappy performances like tonight vs Fordham ..

Air force and Colorado state to the AAC would lessen our chances.  UAB would still be in but it leaves one sport.   They could very well get another mwc team or utsa to get even more out west.  Or Army could be a target too
Posted On: Sep 18th 2021, 8:38 PM #403442

Attendance was ok even with the weather delay and the scoreboard said 45-14…

Band was fantastic.

Student turnout also pretty good.

All in all not a bad audition.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I think we will be left out of the AAC if they get Air Force and Colorado State.

UAB would be team 3 and I think utsa would be next up because the new western schools will want another Texas school

Plus I think South Florida will fight to keep us out

We better hope the Texas schools get picked off by the mountain west and AAC so marshall and others stay instead of going to the sun belt
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

I think we will be left out of the AAC if they get Air Force and Colorado State. (1)

UAB would be team 3 and I think utsa would be next up because the new western schools will want another Texas school (2)

Plus I think South Florida will fight to keep us out (3)

We better hope the Texas schools get picked off by the mountain west and AAC so marshall and others stay instead of going to the sun belt
Posted On: Sep 24th 2021, 5:11 PM #403560

My reply pertains to the numerical sections noted…

1. There will likely be two rounds, and we have a high probability of getting in if that happens. Right now we are 50-50. It is worth noting that the strong desire to establish a western presence was heavily weighted towards to Boise's ability to lift the league in a substantial direction towards being a possible playoff contender. Air force has turned them down previously as well.

2. UAB is above us, but UTSA is not.  We are basically even in that aspect as well.

3. Everything I have been told indicates this will not be an obstacle, and actually swings the other way. Relations are better than they have ever been with their leadership, which has changed hands since the now infamous UCF block.
Back to the top

Rick said

SeminOwl28 said

I think we will be left out of the AAC if they get Air Force and Colorado State. (1)

UAB would be team 3 and I think utsa would be next up because the new western schools will want another Texas school (2)

Plus I think South Florida will fight to keep us out (3)

Posted On: Sep 24th 2021, 5:11 PM #403560

My reply pertains to the numerical sections noted…

1. There will likely be two rounds, and we have a high probability of getting in if that happens. Right now we are 50-50. It is worth noting that the strong desire to establish a western presence was heavily weighted towards to Boise's ability to lift the league in a substantial direction towards being a possible playoff contender. Air force has turned them down previously as well.

2. UAB is above us, but UTSA is not.  We are basically even in that aspect as well.

3. Everything I have been told indicates this will not be an obstacle, and actually swings the other way. Relations are better than they have ever been with their leadership, which has changed hands since the now infamous UCF block.
Posted On: Sep 24th 2021, 6:43 PM #403562

I hope you are right but I'm not hearing the same things you are.   Air force and Colorado state are coming I believe.  And if they come , another Texas school is above another Florida school.   With UTSA being the leader

The private schools want rice but they are so terrible that's it's getting resistance

South Florida fans claim in droves that they never blocked ucf.  I don't believe them. And I think they are historically a school that gets scared of Florida schools rather than worrying about themselves
I don't think they want to get passed by us
Back to the top

Would be humorous to see us completely dominate one of the programs they seem to be choosing before us tonight.  
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

Would be humorous to see us completely dominate one of the programs they seem to be choosing before us tonight.  
Posted On: Sep 25th 2021, 9:23 AM #403572

Agreed. Big N’Kosi energy today !
Back to the top
Control functions: